MSC Armonia Cruise in October

FarFarAway

Dear Cruise Experts

Thank you so much for all your info, I've been following it for some time, I was wondering whether I could be cheeky and ask for some more?

We are flying with Easyjet,and I read on the Venice Port Website that you could check in for your flight to the UK directly from the port, so there is no need to leave your luggage. Does anyone by any chance know whether this is true? If not, what did you do with your luggage? (I believe the left luggage facility at the port closes at 6pm and our flight back is at 22h00.:(

Many many thanks!

FarFarAway

FarFarAway, the pre-check-in is only AIUI for certain charter flights. Presumably for when a cruiseline has a whole flight departing. Not for all airlines and many different flights.

Yes the left luggage closes at 6pm.. but the last MSC bus for the airport is before then, sometime around 4 - 4.30 IIRC, so you'd have to take a taxi if you left it until 6. MSC allocate you to a transfer at a specified time depending on your flight times. {You only find this out, from the 'clipboard ladies/gents' outside the customs area after collecting your baggage.} You do not have to take the time stated, just gives them an idea of how many people to expect & when. The buses are the returns from bringing in the new pax, so don't run into the evening.

By the time we've traipsed around Venice for 6 hours in the heat of Aug/Sept we've had enough anyway, so never stayed later than the last bus....

Cooler in Oct though. what you can do is take the first bus you find to the airport & leave your luggage in the left luggage there [it's on the ground floor, arrivals, to the far left as you enter]. There will be a per item charge. Was 2.50 euro in the cruise terminal, so around that figure in the airport I expect. Then take the Alilaguna http://www.alilaguna.it/ water taxi back to St Mark's Square. Return is 10 Euro [i think I mentioned elsewhere]. There is no early check-in for Easyjet.. but you do need to be there before the 2hr point, to get in the queue scrum for a low numbered card.

Left Luggage at Airport details:-

Cooperativa Trasbagagli

Cooperativa Trasbagagli S.r.l.

(no lost & found)

Left Luggage

Opening hours: 6.00 - 21.00

tel:

fax: 041.713864

link: http://www.trasbagagli.it/

e-mail: info@trasbagagli.it

HTH

Pam