Norfolk VA. CRUISE PORT..

sassy~one

Cruise lines generally have vendors who provide mobility scooter rentals for their passengers.

To find out about what arrangements Carnival may have at this port you need to contact Carnival's Guest Access department at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 .

Glad they have a cruise port and terminal now.

Our first cruise on the QE2 in the 80's, we had to dock at the Container Port in Hampton Bay and take a very long ride to Norfolk.

Norfolk terminal is well laid out - right across from retired battleship Wisconsin - worth a visit after dropping bags off - or going ashore after checking in. I’m surprised it isn’t used more - but it is further from major cruise market areas than others, and a bit of a nuisance to fly to.

There is little parking at the Norfolk pier and even less drop off area. We went there one day from our home and took one look at the area and said no way would we ever take a cruise from Norfolk. You must park at either an very expensive local garage or at the cruise parking area which is over a mile away and then take a shuttle or a cab. I can fully understand why few people sail out of there.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I need your help. I have a cruise booked and ONLY opted this port because my mom is disabled and I was informed that I could get a scooter rental for that port. Well after speaking with ScootAround, SpecialNeedsAtSea and EasyMedOnline I've been told... NO we do not service Port Norfolk VA. Anyone know any other local third party scooter rental places that will deliver to the port? She only uses a cane day to day but she will need a scooter for this vacation.

Ok, I need your help. I have a cruise booked and ONLY opted this port because my mom is disabled and I was informed that I could get a scooter rental for that port. Well after speaking with ScootAround, SpecialNeedsAtSea and EasyMedOnline I've been told... NO we do not service Port Norfolk VA. Anyone know any other local third party scooter rental places that will deliver to the port? She only uses a cane day to day but she will need a scooter for this vacation.

Have you contacted Carnival's Guest Access Department, as I suggested in the first reply to the original post on this thread?

Yep, they only have Scootaround listed as the preferred provider:(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Given the quality of telephone customer service we often encounter it wouldn't surprise me if the person you spoke to doesn't even know that their company will be providing scooters at this port simply because the first cruise out of there is almost 8 months away.

I would get back on the phone with Carnival, tell them what you were told by Scootaround and see if someone at Carnival can light a fire under the people at Scootaround.

Given the quality of telephone customer service we often encounter it wouldn't surprise me if the person you spoke to doesn't even know that their company will be providing scooters at this port simply because the first cruise out of there is almost 8 months away.

I would get back on the phone with Carnival, tell them what you were told by Scootaround and see if someone at Carnival can light a fire under the people at Scootaround.

Thank you. I did....so it's the waiting game. Tick Tock Tick Tock. At this point I'm scared to hand over my money if they come back and say oh yes we do lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app