Handicap Boarding in Baltimore

pusywillow

I haven't done it with anyone in a long time...BUT they SHOULD push you in a wheel chair...let the porters know when you drop luggage and tell them inside the pier.

The gangway is LONG and steep. I have seen people use the ground level crew entrance to board but I've also seen people being told to use the gangway in scooters and wheelchairs. I'd be insistent on having them push you through the crew entry. I had a friend, who, when boarding at another port that also has a long, steep gangway, actually have their electric wheelchair roll and flip backward. Not a good start to a vacation.

Not sure about Carnival, but when boarding Grandeur at Baltimore (Royal), my Dad was using a walker, they offered him a wheelchair.

They pushed him, and we went along, and entered via the Deck 1 entrance (dock level). they pushed him up to the buffet, and offered to leave him in the chair, but he opted to release the chair at that point.

I need a cane to walk long distances. Can someone please tell me the procedure to board the ship with FTTF using wheelchair assist. Thank you!

Hi The walkway up to ship is long & steep!! Ask for wheelchair assistance when checking in. They will send you to a certain area where someone will take your name, when your turn (only a few wheelchairs in use) someone will push you in on deck one to the elevators. Very easy. DH is on oxygen & can't walk the gangway anymore. This is the way we board now., last time was family cruise on Pride in May. ;)

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi The walkway up to ship is long & steep!! Ask for wheelchair assistance when checking in. They will send you to a certain area where someone will take your name, when your turn (only a few wheelchairs in use) someone will push you in on deck one to the elevators. Very easy. DH is on oxygen & can't walk the gangway anymore. This is the way we board now., last time was family cruise on Pride in May. ;)

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much!