Cruising out of Manhattan where to stay precruise that has shuttle to pier

Ember flight

I have never cruised out of New York before so this is very new to me.

Flying to LaGuardia day before cruise that departs from Manhattan pier/

I would like a hotel that has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and the next day the hotel has shuttle to the pier.

I would also like to be centrally located in Manhattan.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

No hotels in NY City have a shuttle to the cruise terminal. Manhattan is a pretty small island and most of it is just a short taxi ride to the pier. If you're staying almost anywhere in midtown it will cost $20 or less. By the way no hotels in Manhattan have a free shuttle from LGA either. Figure on $35-$40 for a taxi or car service from LGA to midtown.

Specific hotel recommendations would depend on your budget and type of bedding required. Hotel rates in Manhattan vary widely by time of year, day of the week, etc. so for someone to help you out we need to know when you're arriving.

Thank you for the information. Now I now what doesn't exist and to look at a different plan.

Again thank you for the input.

It looks like you're sailing on the Gem on Jan 2. You're in luck if you're flying in on Jan 1, but you may have hotel sticker shock if you're coming in for New Years Eve.

You need some serious advice, so please post your exact dates, hotel budget, number of people, bed size requirements, and sightseeing objectives, if any. New York City is definitely a DIY project and you need to balance time, money, and stress. If you've already made plane reservations to LGA, you've already limited your options by choosing one of the 3 possible airports.

IMO being close to the Cruiseport itself should be your lowest priority in Manhattan. There are usually reasonable hotel options that are more centrally located.

Shuttles from the airport are awful in NYC. Traffic and distances involved make them VERY slow.

Find a hotel near the sites you want to see. Take a taxi or car service or public transit (easy from JFK, not much harder from LGA) to your hotel, and a cab or uber to the port. From midtown a cab/uber to the port should be $20 or so.