Captain of QM2

-jz

Did I miss something? The link referenced by Capnpugwash only lists QM2 captains until April 2014 from what I could see. ???

That page lists the dates in UK format, Day before Month.

Roy

Duh!!!! Of course : ) Thanks for explaining.

So, Capt. Chris Wells will be in charge for part of the time you will be onboard.

He is our favorite (current) captain! Captain Personality! In comparison, we find Capt. Oprey very reserved, although certainly no less capable.

It will be interesting for you to listen to the noon report and hear the differences in their communication styles.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks jimmybean. We enjoy Capt. Wells also. Capt. Oprey... not so much. Wells

Enforces Churchhill smoking policy, Oprey does not care a rat's tail.

Regards!

So I'm curious, why all the love for Captain Wells?

In my opinion, Captain Wells has a great personality that readily comes across during the noon report. He's confident, but not cocky. He exudes interest and enthusiasm. He is just just a pleasure, both over the loud-speaker and out and about on the ship.

We have sailed with him on a 7 day crossing (QM2) and a 36 day segment (QE). On both occasions, he got our attention in a very positive way.

Chris Wells is an asset for the Cunard line. Originally from Poole, England. A long career in the cruise industry… Formerly, I understand, a captain on Princess.

Why do I know these things? Because he "got my attention." I can name, at least, three other Cunard captains I know nothing about and who have not garnered my interest in any way… That is the difference...

Sail with him and you, too, will feel the "love" : )

In my opinion, Captain Wells has a great personality that readily comes across during the noon report. He's confident, but not cocky. He exudes interest and enthusiasm. He is just just a pleasure, both over the loud-speaker and out and about on the ship.

We have sailed with him on a 7 day crossing (QM2) and a 36 day segment (QE). On both occasions, he got our attention in a very positive way.

Chris Wells is an asset for the Cunard line. Originally from Poole, England. A long career in the cruise industry… Formerly, I understand, a captain on Princess.

Why do I know these things? Because he "got my attention." I can name, at least, three other Cunard captains I know nothing about and who have not garnered my interest in any way… That is the difference...

Sail with him and you, too, will feel the "love" : )

Excellent! I believe I WILL be sailing with him on the TA roundtrip from July 21st

My DH shared this memory, which I had forgotten…

Captain Wells, at the party where various nationalities were being tallied (% from this country % from that country), instead of just saying "Australian", said "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" which produced a thundering "Oi, oi, oi!!!" back in response… It was great!

He isn't a flat-guy, delivering canned lines. He is a thinking participator with warmth and a sense of humor.

DreamingofSunnyDays, I know you will return with positive memories of Captain Wells yourself : )

Happy Sailing!

Indeed!

And what other master mariner would take the time to tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the Porcupine Abyssal Plain?

Excellent! I believe I WILL be sailing with him on the TA roundtrip from July 21st

Do hope you will be on board , there is a roll call for that date, (3 in fact covering Eastbound, Germany/Norway, and westbound ) ending in New York July 28th

Please come and join us, we are a very small group so far, possibly meeting in Commodore Club (depends on what others want). Love to have more than just the number we have so far.

Best wishes

Lynn (jimsgirl)

And here they are! :) ~

Moreover, this clip is proof that "all the nice girls love a sailor" -- and no sailor more so than Captain Wells.:D

What a delight, Post Captain! I had no idea that Chris Wells was on youtube. I enjoyed both videos so much. Yes, "Here's the Captain" and ending with "that's enough from me"… Happy, happy memories sailing with Captain Wells.

Nice to see the QE, too.

Thank you for sharing those links.