st.lucia and grenada tours

1tiare

Hello,

We will be sailing on the QM2 next week. Are there any tour companies in particular that anyone would recommend to st.lucia, grenada, at. marteen, barbados and st. thomas?

thanks

Depending upon how large your party is, I have used local taxis to go to specific places. Bear in mind they are all fairly similar whose only industry is tourism. They may have Tour Companies but I feel that may be too grand a title.

Depending upon how large your party is, I have used local taxis to go to specific places. Bear in mind they are all fairly similar whose only industry is tourism. They may have Tour Companies but I feel that may be too grand a title.

While local taxis are typically fine in Caribbean, on St. Lucia, I would not recommend as the roads are amongs the worst I have seen in the Caribbean. I think St. Lucia is amongst the most beautiful in the Caribbean, if not THE most, as far as the lush green island thing....We originally had a sail around the island tour, which would give you some fantastic views of the Pitons for photos. As far as Grenada, I was there only once, but briefly. We are taking the day trip to Le Source resort for some beach time (with staffing, which is a plus). Very excited!!!

Hello,

We will be sailing on the QM2 next week. Are there any tour companies in particular that anyone would recommend to st.lucia, grenada, at. marteen, barbados and st. thomas?

thanks

We'll be on this ship with you. This time we're doing mostly ship excursions, but at St. Thomas we're doing a day sail to St. John through through Island Marketing. The last time we were on St. Thomas we used Godfrey Tours. He came highly recommended on this board and lived up to that recommendation. At that time (two years ago) his almost full day tour was $25 a person and took you shopping, then a number of other stops ending up at one of four beaches.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! It's just myself and my mother this time so taxis maybe a good idea.

I went ahead and booked Goffrey tours on St. Thomas - just concerned we get back in time for the departure.

I read about Cosol Tours on another thread on this website. I emailed them (http://www.cosol-tours.com). They responded promptly and were very professional. They have several 8 passenger vans (air conditioned and reasonably comfortable, although nothing is comfortable driving on St. Lucia's roads!) and will put together groups to fill a van. The tour is excellent; Cosol is a great tour guide, as apparently are his brother, cousin and other drivers. I don't remember the cost but it was reasonable and cheaper than Cunard. I highly recommend them. Enjoy

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! It's just myself and my mother this time so taxis maybe a good idea.

I went ahead and booked Goffrey tours on St. Thomas - just concerned we get back in time for the departure.

Now worries. Godfrey gets you back in plenty of time.

I just returned a few weeks ago from a cruise.

While in St Lucia we took a four hour sail that was quite enjoyable. This is not a snorkel tour, we do not enjoy this, but the sail and short swim was just perfect. Here is a link to the video. This was done with one of thoes little handheld flips so not great footage but it can give you an idea.

Last year we did a ships tour on the QMII in Granada. This was not a stop I expected to enjoy much and it actually turned out to be one of my favorite stops. We toured the Island, were brought up to the fort for incredible views. The guides knew thier history well and was very interesting. After, we went into the small town that is really a fishing town, bought a few spices and lunch. The big deal there is the Coconut ice-cream which did not disappoint!! The town will require a taxi ride back to the ship. Posting a few pictures for you. The funkly bus we were not on but a new Air cond bus... I post this to make you aware to be careful of your independent tour choices if this is not your type of thing!!

gr14.jpg.e68298a83277f61acab65bd273c2363e.jpg

GR23.jpg.749b335ce88edfb52218779b50db9d13.jpg

gr22.jpg.c1aa23272d24f8edd7ff3dafbe8e9a8e.jpg

gr13.jpg.b5fd5feed989555468949a5251120f06.jpg

Yes on the QM2 out of NY on the 10th Dec. Interested in getting together a group of people - we need a minimum of 12 - to organise Whale watching trip with Hackshaw's Boat Chartering in St Lucia 16th December. Whale watch special costs $70 pp but includes lunch and swim as well as the whale watching. Looks great - any like minded people out there wanting to participate?

We'll be on this ship with you. This time we're doing mostly ship excursions, but at St. Thomas we're doing a day sail to St. John through through Island Marketing. The last time we were on St. Thomas we used Godfrey Tours. He came highly recommended on this board and lived up to that recommendation. At that time (two years ago) his almost full day tour was $25 a person and took you shopping, then a number of other stops ending up at one of four beaches.

I think we are on the sailing after yours. Will Island Marketing pick you up at Crown Bay? I hesitate to take the tour from Cunard. Not sure just how many people will be on board. Would love to find an independent that will accommodate Crown Bay.

Thanks

Hello,

thanks

I would suggest that you go to:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

There is a wealth of information there on tours for all ports of call for the Caribbean.

I think we are on the sailing after yours. Will Island Marketing pick you up at Crown Bay? I hesitate to take the tour from Cunard. Not sure just how many people will be on board. Would love to find an independent that will accommodate Crown Bay.

Thanks

They arrange for taxi service from the terminal for $15 each way.

They arrange for taxi service from the terminal for $15 each way.

Thank you for your response. How many people were on the boat with you? Do you think this was a better trip than just getting on the Cat that Cunard arranges to pick you up right at Crown Bay?

Thanks

I can highly recommend Bernards Tours in St.Maarten, and Cosol in St.Lucia. We used both of them a year ago, and booked them online before sailing (on the Ventura) - I can't remember the prices, but they were very reasonable. Both were very easy to book, I got email replies immediately. You don't pay until after the tour finishes. You just get off the ship and they're there waiting for you. We had such a lot of fun on both tours. You don't need breakfast on the Cosol tour, as he stops off at a banana plantation, and then at another stop you get to try different Caribbean foods - each person gets a plate of all different foods. They both have free drinks on the buses - soda or alcohol.

I can highly recommend Bernards Tours in St.Maarten, and Cosol in St.Lucia. We used both of them a year ago, and booked them online before sailing (on the Ventura) - I can't remember the prices, but they were very reasonable. Both were very easy to book, I got email replies immediately. You don't pay until after the tour finishes. You just get off the ship and they're there waiting for you. We had such a lot of fun on both tours. You don't need breakfast on the Cosol tour, as he stops off at a banana plantation, and then at another stop you get to try different Caribbean foods - each person gets a plate of all different foods. They both have free drinks on the buses - soda or alcohol.

\wew have used cosol he is amazing, you see and eat all day, food, run soft drinks all the price, he will take you all over the island and return in pleanty of time for the ship, he wont take any cash from you till the end.

I think hte price is $60 to $65, its worth double, so many stops, so much food and drinks, there is nothing he wont show

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your response. How many people were on the boat with you? Do you think this was a better trip than just getting on the Cat that Cunard arranges to pick you up right at Crown Bay?

Thanks

Our waitlist came through and we ended up going on the Cunard excursion. It cost us our deposit, but it was well worth it. We were on the Dancing Dolphin, with a lovely crew (Joe, Lilly and Ian), that left from the same pier we docked at. So, no need for taxi rides or long trips back to the ship. We sailed out to Honeymoon beach and laid anchor for about an hour of swimming, followed by a lovely deli lunch, washed down with rum punches and other soft drinks. I watched Lilly pour the rum and her hand seemed to get heavier as the day drew on :p We then headed back to St. Thomas. I strongly suggest using these guys if the occasion presents itself. We had a great time.

Archived