laptop

10ormore

Yes, the wifi signal does work in staterooms however it is much slower and often will time-out when trying to send an email. I found I had much better luck bringing my laptop down to the Golden Lion, outer sections of the Queens Room, or the coffee bar.

Of course we were on Deck 7 so the cabins in the lower decks may get a better signal.

Can I use my laptop in my cabin on the Queen Victoria:confused:

You certainly can. I agree with the previous poster - the wifi connection in the cabin can be somewhat flakey and is usually not as fast as the connection in the computer centre (and that isn't exactly blisteringly fast).

Here's my personal little workstation in cabin 5.179. The only trouble I found was that there was occasionaly "competition" with She Who Must be Obeyed who seemed to think that the dressing table was there for her personal convenience when applying war paint and so on! I have to be sure to remember to close the laptop before her facial engineering begins because face powder and laptop keyboards probably don't mix too well.

J

003_work_station.jpg

You certainly can. I agree with the previous poster - the wifi connection in the cabin can be somewhat flakey and is usually not as fast as the connection in the computer centre (and that isn't exactly blisteringly fast).

Here's my personal little workstation in cabin 5.179. The only trouble I found was that there was occasionaly "competition" with She Who Must be Obeyed who seemed to think that the dressing table was there for her personal convenience when applying war paint and so on! I have to be sure to remember to close the laptop before her facial engineering begins because face powder and laptop keyboards probably don't mix too well.

J

003_work_station.jpg

LOL Since I am the one who uses both the computer and the war paint (just not at the same time) we don't have that competition. Also I find the lighting at the desk isn't very good for applying the paint, so while sitting at the desk is more comfortable I usually end up at the mirror over the bathroom sink.

Also I find the lighting at the desk isn't very good for applying the paint, so while sitting at the desk is more comfortable I usually end up at the mirror over the bathroom sink.

Hee hee - I'll suggest to madam that she leaves the dressing table to me and applies her make up in the bathroom.

... actually, on second thoughts, I don't think I will. I would much prefer it if the laptop remained on board. :eek:

J

Hee hee -.........actually, on second thoughts, I don't think I will. I would much prefer it if the laptop remained on board.

J

Obviously the expression "war paint" takes on real effect! In cases like this I move next doors (balcony).

Btw does anybody know if there is a wireless conectivity in cabins on 11 deck of QM2?

Kind regards

J

003_work_station.jpg

bear.jpg

An improvement n'est pas?

Take care our Gazza, or Vicky will send her lads round with the baseball bats to do a bit of kneecap rearrangement. She is big in the Cosy Nostra.

:D:D

J

Then he seemed to notice

One gent and then the next,

All with their stuffed toys

And Gari was perplexed.

Obviously the expression "war paint" takes on real effect! In cases like this I move next doors (balcony).

Btw does anybody know if there is a wireless conectivity in cabins on 11 deck of QM2?

Kind regards

We had wireless reception of a sort in our cabin on deck 11 - better with the door open. I used to retreat to the Commodore Club for a better connection.

........better with the door open. I used to retreat to the Commodore Club for a better connection.

Oh what a brilliant idea to go to the Commodores for a better connection. I'm sure that works in more then one way. And as soon as the battery has gone one (I) can recharge at the bar. Thank you so much for the advice!

Kind regards

We had wireless reception of a sort in our cabin on deck 11 - better with the door open. I used to retreat to the Commodore Club for a better connection.

It wasn't a lot better on 5 deck, although the open door trick certainly seemed to help. That was also how I discovered one of the best kept secrets on the ship (although, as is always the way with these things, everybody else on here probably knew about it long before I found out)! :D

J

Hee hee - I'll suggest to madam that she leaves the dressing table to me and applies her make up in the bathroom.

... actually, on second thoughts, I don't think I will. I would much prefer it if the laptop remained on board. :eek:

J

What you need to do is tell her that she looks beautiful without makeup..... it won't get you your computer station back, but you'll probably get lucky ;)

What you need to do is tell her that she looks beautiful without makeup..... it won't get you your computer station back, but you'll probably get lucky ;)

She will not believe him, will assume he is guilty of something and will probably resort to violence.

:)

Archived