Qe - q401n

Hi Guys, Just wonder if anyone is going on a cruise to the West Med this december? This is our first QE experience and we would like to meet some new friends onboard. Regards, Lee
Hi Lee,

You could try looking in the Roll Call section...

Link... http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=470

there may be other CC members on your cruise, and they may have started planning a "Meet & Greet".

Have a great time, I thought QE a wonderful ship with an astounding theatre (pictures of QE's interiors via the link below).

Best wishes and Bon Voyage! :) .

Does it matter?

Why can you not appreciate the effort that was made by some one trying to give a view of life on the ship.

Stop "nit picking".

Does it matter? In the big scheme of things, probably not. However it struck me as an oddity and so I asked the question.

I do appreciate the effort made by Cunard. In fact, I was very much intrigued by their decision to use a presenter who looks like Kym Marsh from Coronation Street.

i-dRCHBCX-M.jpg

I wasn't "nit picking", I had a question. But, if I do find the need to "nit pick" I certainly know who to go to for advice.

Why is the b in 'board', in the opening titles, capitalised?

Hi Whitemarsh. As Ex-Editor-Extraordinaire, I can answer that for you.

Ignorance!

No, actually, it's a matter of style, and this is a style with which I do not agree. Book titles have capitals. Some publishers capitalise chapter headings and sub-titles in books while others choose not to. You pick your style and you stick with it. (Most of my time when copy-editing is spent weeding out inconsistencies.)

It seems as though the producer of this clip thought s/he was producing a book and gave it a title, instead of making it a statement to make you feel welcome. I don't think it's correct and it feels very outdated to me.

Hi Whitemarsh. As Ex-Editor-Extraordinaire, I can answer that for you.

Ignorance!

No, actually, it's a matter of style, and this is a style with which I do not agree. Book titles have capitals. Some publishers capitalise chapter headings and sub-titles in books while others choose not to. You pick your style and you stick with it. (Most of my time when copy-editing is spent weeding out inconsistencies.)

It seems as though the producer of this clip thought s/he was producing a book and gave it a title, instead of making it a statement to make you feel welcome. I don't think it's correct and it feels very outdated to me.

Thanks for the explanation Fantasy.

It just struck me as odd, I don't think it's correct either.

Archived