Beware Carnival Magic Room 1442..smells like mold and mysterious bites

caribnsnrklr

23 cruises with carnival and never had such a bad experience. The hall in our section smelled like musty mildew and our room did as well. It gave my daughter and I headaches and stuffy nose. They tried ozone machine once and then basically offered to cover it with this fragrance cube rest of week. Was not a fun experience. They would call daily and ask how room was and would say same and then they would say they were going to call back. So I would sit there for an hour and no-one called so I would leave then there would be note in slot that they tried to contact me. It was kind of pointless everyday going thru this routine. Then the 2nd day in my daughter had bites on her legs (hadn't been off ship yet) so I thought well maybe mosquitos? Then walking behind her I noticed they were in weird straight lines and alot of them. Next morning I had bites on back of my legs too so I went to front desk to show them before we got off at port and tell them to please check and spray our room because when i goggled it looked like bed bug bites. They sent us to medical which he didnt even look at our bites just handed us hydrocortisone. They called later and said they changed all bedding and sprayed room but didn't find anything? The bites became less but they did nothing for us. It just really sucked staying in moldy smelling room getting bit by something that might be bed bugs and they did nothing for us but call everyday with no real solution. If this had been my first cruise with Carnival I definitely would not have been back. So anyone going on the Magic anytime soon beware of this room. Also tv does not work and cord for phone doesnt stay in wall so loses connection when trying to talk on it.

Yikes! And you are right that if this had been a first-time cruise situation, Carnival would have lost those future cruisers (not that they really care in the grand scheme of things).

Sorry you had to deal with that! I'm so thankful I have not shared that same situation. The worst that happened to me was booking a non-connecting state room and then having it turned into a connecting stateroom (and hearing EVERYTHING next door).

Ick! So sorry you had this experience! Glad it was not your first cruise so you know its not usually like this! Did they offer anything else? We had a water leak in our room from sink and had to have big loud fans to dry the floor for a day and for the inconvenience they gave us 4 free steak options in the dinning room from Steakhouse! Thought that was above and beyond... that was on Carnival Sensation.

Great, we are down the hall from that cabin on Saturday:(
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are it is just that one cabin and the little beasties were brought on board stowed away in a former cruiser's suitcase (perhaps from a hotel). I'm not saying don't be proactive (just in case), but that you shouldn't let this one reported incident place negativity about your upcoming cruise in your head. Have a great worry free cruise! :)