Question about GSC cancellations

oceanseagle12

I've been following the recent thread about this week's GSC cancellation. I am wondering if an overnight in Nassau is the default "plan b" for when GSC needs to be skipped.

With an upcoming cruise on this itinerary, just wondering what to expect. I wouldn't be too excited about an overnight in Nassau, but should I get used to the idea? :rolleyes:

I've been following the recent thread about this week's GSC cancellation. I am wondering if an overnight in Nassau is the default "plan b" for when GSC needs to be skipped.

With an upcoming cruise on this itinerary, just wondering what to expect. I wouldn't be too excited about an overnight in Nassau, but should I get used to the idea? :rolleyes:

I think it all depends if Nassau has space for the ship to dock. I was on the Breakaway 3 weeks ago and there were 5 ships in Nassau so we had a sea day and docked in Nassau around 6pm. My guess is they will dock in Nassau some point throughout the day once a slot opens up.

Last week we docked in Nassau about 4:00pm and were able to get off the ship by 5:00pm. Everything in the area starts closing by 6:00pm, the only place open after 6:00pm is Atlantis. We got off the boat for an hour, walked around and stayed on the ship until we left the next day at 6:00pm.

This is the worst itinerary ever. I won't book this or any other ship again with only stops in Port Canaveral and Nassau. I would have at least preferred Freeport - something, not another sea day (which makes it a total of 5 sea days). I was looking forward to putting my toes in the sand this trip and didn't make it to one beach all week. :(

It has all to do with weather and winds. Mother Nature controls the when they can tender at GSC.

If Nassau has an open pier, then you'll sail to Nassau. NCL has to pay Nassau and it's good for their economy.

We sail next week and the weather for next Wednesday is 30% chance of showers 82 and N winds at 10mph. if it doesn't rain we should be able to tender. Then again, how can you believe an forecast that far away.

We had to do an overnight in Nassau on the Dawn and we slept on the balcony. Great music from Senor Frogs.

Happy Cruising

Last week we docked in Nassau about 4:00pm and were able to get off the ship by 5:00pm. Everything in the area starts closing by 6:00pm, the only place open after 6:00pm is Atlantis. We got off the boat for an hour, walked around and stayed on the ship until we left the next day at 6:00pm.

This is the worst itinerary ever. I won't book this or any other ship again with only stops in Port Canaveral and Nassau. I would have at least preferred Freeport - something, not another sea day (which makes it a total of 5 sea days). I was looking forward to putting my toes in the sand this trip and didn't make it to one beach all week. :(

There are some really nice beaches in Nassau, you just have to pay for them. We loved the beach at the Sheraton on our last cruise, and swimming in the ocean at Atlantis was one of the highlights of our trip last week. My kids got a good hour in the ocean at Cocoa Beach before it started to rain. Oh, and they got off the ship on Wednesday, and headed right to Junkanoo beach, got some swimming and shelling in.

I'm wondering if the new docks for the tenders at GSC have actually decreased the amount of times the ships can't tender there. Once nice perk on DCL is that the ships actually dock at the private island.

Edited by mjkacmom