Finally, My Review of Our Caribbean Princess Wedding

Dear Shari-

I love your pictures!!! We are planning a wedding on Diamond Princess during an Alaska cruise next year, I am sure many people have asked you for advice have had asked you for advice... and I am hoping you could give me some idea???( I don't even care if you 'd just forwarded what you wrote for the other folks!!) My fiance and I are so lost.. We are still deciding what kind of reception/ extra things to add on to the package but we also have to be careful with the budget..!! Thank you very very much in advance!!!

-Chrissy

brokentune@gmail.com

Hi, I am doing a beach wedding in St. Thomas on the CP this February. Could you just forward me the answers to the questions/pictures that u sent the other gal? I would love to see how you decorated for the reception. Also, how long did your photog. stay for? Did he take any reception pictures?

TYVM!

Karen

kittykat3006@hotmail.com

Dear Shari:

I want to congratulate you on your marriage and tell you that you are so kind to help other future cruising brides! I know they all must have so many questions and hearing from someone who has already been through it, really helps put them at ease.

And, I want to wish all the brides-to-be, lots of luck with their planning. I am sure everyone will have a beautiful wedding.

With that said, my daughter is also a future cruising bride since she has decided she wants to have her wedding onboard the Crown Princess, August 10, 2007. She will have her ceremony onboard before the ship leaves port (Brooklyn, NY), since not everyone will be able to go on the cruise.

kadiebug12's wedding cruise review was a great help, (thanks kadie) but it always helps to hear other people's experiences, also.

So, Shari, if you don't mind, could you please forward any information you think may help her, particularly upgrades and actually planning her reception after the ceremony. Please send to: mariec12@aol.com

Also, does anyone know if you can have your own priest come onboard to do the wedding vows.

Thanks so much,

Marie

I am VERY new to this msg board, so please bear with me. I to am getting married, at sea, on Sun Princess on Jan.11th I JUST booked this days ago and I am allready painicking. I would LOVE to see your pictures. I know its not the same ship but it can give me some idea's of what to excpect. My e-mail is davesgirl@rogers.com I GREATLY appreciate this. I also was wondering how you went upon doing the reception. Did that cost you extra? Were your guests/group's meals included or did you have to pay extra? Well I am really looking forward to hearing from you.

Laurie

I clicked on your pictures of the bottom of the page after I asked for your pictures. They are wonderful. How many people did you have at your wedding? I see that you have another cruise next month. How exciting.

Shari,

Thank you SO much for the detailed description of your wedding! My fiance and I had been looking at different cruise lines to have our wedding and your review was the main reason that we chose Princess. We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess in December and I have many questions for you. (I really hope you're still checking this thread!)

1) About hair: Did you have a trial run at the salon, and if so when? (We're getting married the 2nd day of the cruise in the afternoon). How far in advance did you book these appointments?

2) Upgrades: What all did you upgrade? I read that your bouquet was worth the upgrade, but was there anything else that you would suggest?

3) How did you get a private dinner at the Steakhouse? I've been looking through all the information that we've received, but I can't find anything on how to go about doing this.

4) For the wedding day in general, did it go smoothly? I'm really nervous that I'm going to be running around trying to get a million things done at the last minute.

I know I have many more questions for you. I should probably write a list! If you could e-mail me back that would be wonderful. E-mail is Tefa0484@msn.com Thank you so much!

~Natasha

Shari~

You are so fabulous to share all of these great answers with all of us-TWE shoudl hire you to be there friendly spokespersoN!!! Would you mind forwarding the answers to these questions to me?? You can also post them if maybe that would save you some time in the future. THANK GOODNESS FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU TO SHARE!!!!

Trish

Trishgg17@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm getting married on January 22, 2007 aboard the Caribbean Princess. I'm so excited !

Can you please send me some pics.

Also, did you pay extra for the photographer or did you only have him/her for 1 hour ?

We are having dinner in the Sterling specialty restaurant. What did you do at night - I am thinking of simply going to the night club ? Do you think that's a good idea ? Do you have a recommendation for the night club ?

My email address is lgionet3@cogeco.ca

Thanks !!!!

Hi,

I'm getting married on January 22, 2007 aboard the Caribbean Princess. I'm so excited !

Can you please send me some pics.

Also, did you pay extra for the photographer or did you only have him/her for 1 hour ?

We are having dinner in the Sterling specialty restaurant. What did you do at night - I am thinking of simply going to the night club ? Do you think that's a good idea ? Do you have a recommendation for the night club ?

My email address is lgionet3@cogeco.ca

Thanks !!!!

You've got mail!!

I got married aboard Caribbean Princess in August.

After the wedding and hors devours reception, we had reservations in the regular dining room for dinner. After dinner we headed to one of the clubs.....Club Fusion to be exact. When we got there nothing much was going on (besides dancing head videos). But eventually the music turned good and we started dancing. Then they were having their "Mardi Gras" party there that night, and it ended up being great fun.

We even were videotaped as part of the Princess reflections video that they sell at the end of the cruise.

We had planned on heading up to Skywalkers (the other club) but they didn't really start to get busy till later, and we were kind of exhausted at that point.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...

I am planning a wedding on CP in May 2018 and loved reading your review! I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about your wedding...

I wasn't very impressed by the photos of the chapel online and I am kind of nervous about it. Can you send me your photos? cabaur9308@ung.edu

Did you bring decorations or did the cruise decorate? Were you allowed to go in early (if you did bring your own decorations) to decorate?

How long did the ceremony take?

Were you able to choose the time of your wedding? If so, when did you choose and why?

Do you have any pictures of the cake?

I would like to purchase some sort of sculpture for my reception, did you purchase one? If so, can you tell me how much it was?

Lastly, can you please provide me with any other information that you think is important to note about your wedding on CP?

I really appreciate any answers as planning is pretty stressful :):):)