Back From Serenade Of The Seas And Key West

mistyw

12 day repositioning cruise from Boston to Fort Lauderdale ~ I loved the Itinerary, food, shows, dancing, pool games and lobster night.

Ideal balcony cabin on deck 10, lots of storage and one deck below pool and buffet. The staff in Reflections MDR was outstanding at dinner and reminiscent of days gone by. Zhelu and Oksana made our dining most enjoyable. The Windjammer Buffet was also very good. All of the staff on board was friendly, professional and helpful.

I would consider Royal Caribbean again but not the Serenade Of The Seas unless the pool area was completely refurbished assuring safety. The pool area was far too slippery. I fell 3 times and saw at least 9 other people fall. It is a dangerous surface.After falling the third time I put duct tape on the bottom of all of my shoes.

Loved having so many sea days and only got off in each port briefly except for The Hato Caves Tour in Curacao which was fantastic!

What I missed ~ There was no food available poolside on and no 24 hourrestaurant available. I also missed the pillow mints and nightly towelanimals. Little touches that meant alot.

Our post stay of 4 days at The Sea Lord in Lauderdale By The Sea was amazing! I am so happy I chose The Sea Lord forour stay! The location and room was fantastic but more than that sowas the friendly, helpful welcoming staff! Their sincere effort tomake you feel as though you mattered greatly was immediately apparentand very much appreciated! We enjoyed meeting and talking with Dana,Tatiana, Emil, Zikka and Consuelo very, very much! We would love toreturn some day!

The location was perfect and safe!Right on the ocean with shops and restaurants a short walk away withfantastic food and friendly people. Our room was spacious,comfortable and clean. We loved sitting by the pool, gazing at theocean and walking it each day. A wonderful car ride to Key Westcompleted our trip. Time to plan another one! :ship:

Thanks for your review. I did a similar repo a couple years ago from Cape Liberty to Galveston and it remains one of my favorite cruises to date. About poolside food, did you check out Park Cafe in the Solarium? It may not be technically poolside but easy enough access. I love that feature on Radiance class ships (except Jewel).

Sounds great! If I could can I ask how you got to your post cruise hotel? Uber/Taxi or other? and approx. cost. We are staying up there for awhile - at the Plunge Hotel and hoping we made a good choice. My kids go back every year and I will have them check out the Sea Lord for future reference for sure.

Thanks

12 day repositioning cruise from Boston to Fort Lauderdale ~ I loved the Itinerary, food, shows, dancing, pool games and lobster night.

Ideal balcony cabin on deck 10, lots of storage and one deck below pool and buffet. The staff in Reflections MDR was outstanding at dinner and reminiscent of days gone by. Zhelu and Oksana made our dining most enjoyable. The Windjammer Buffet was also very good. All of the staff on board was friendly, professional and helpful.

I would consider Royal Caribbean again but not the Serenade Of The Seas unless the pool area was completely refurbished assuring safety. The pool area was far too slippery. I fell 3 times and saw at least 9 other people fall. It is a dangerous surface.After falling the third time I put duct tape on the bottom of all of my shoes.

Loved having so many sea days and only got off in each port briefly except for The Hato Caves Tour in Curacao which was fantastic!

What I missed ~ There was no food available poolside on and no 24 hourrestaurant available. I also missed the pillow mints and nightly towelanimals. Little touches that meant alot.

Our post stay of 4 days at The Sea Lord in Lauderdale By The Sea was amazing! I am so happy I chose The Sea Lord forour stay! The location and room was fantastic but more than that sowas the friendly, helpful welcoming staff! Their sincere effort tomake you feel as though you mattered greatly was immediately apparentand very much appreciated! We enjoyed meeting and talking with Dana,Tatiana, Emil, Zikka and Consuelo very, very much! We would love toreturn some day!

The location was perfect and safe!Right on the ocean with shops and restaurants a short walk away withfantastic food and friendly people. Our room was spacious,comfortable and clean. We loved sitting by the pool, gazing at theocean and walking it each day. A wonderful car ride to Key Westcompleted our trip. Time to plan another one! :ship:

Thanks for posting. Yea pillow chocolates disappeared around 2008/2009 time frame. How was Key West?

Sorry that you fell - have found pool decks on all ships to be slippery. I usually walk carefully and make sure I have shoes with good traction/rubber soles.

Sailed the Serenade last year and Navigator this year and had towel animals on both ships.

Chocolates have been gone for a while - don't miss them.

Food is available in the solarium pool area. I actually wish it wasn't there - I found it added to the noise and people in the solarium. Prefer the solarium to be quiet for rest, reading, relaxation, etc.

I agree CB@ Sea! Of the 24 cruises I have been on I have never encountered such a slippery surface. Believe me Grandma Dazzles, I was super careful walking. Voyager ~ I did absolutely love the Park Cafe, especially the roast beef but needed to dry off before entering. Trvlgut, we took a taxi. About a 25 minute ride to The Sea Lord. I will get the cost from my husband and post tonight. DaveKathy, Key West was bustling! Everything open and live music. Fantastic weather and I loved dining at Pincher's Crab Restaurant and poking in the shops.

I was told by RCCL that the Serenade was going to be in dry dock from 11/1 to 11/13, obviously not! Did you notice that the ship had been refurbished in any way? Should at least have had all new bedding, carpet, furniture etc. Please let us know. Thanks!

I was told by RCCL that the Serenade was going to be in dry dock from 11/1 to 11/13, obviously not! Did you notice that the ship had been refurbished in any way? Should at least have had all new bedding, carpet, furniture etc. Please let us know. Thanks!

Actually she did go into dry dock as scheduled.