All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

When do they usually do the Meet and Mingles on itineraries out of San Juan?

You have to look at the itinerary that changes from week to week. On my last Jewel cruise the only sea day was the last day of the cruise so it was held at 5pm on Antigua day,which was day 3 or 4.

You have to look at the itinerary that changes from week to week. On my last Jewel cruise the only sea day was the last day of the cruise so it was held at 5pm on Antigua day,which was day 3 or 4.

That is why I was wondering when they would have it. We are on the itinerary where the only sea day is the last day. Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any MDR menus from the Jewel? I have seen some of the Indian menus' date=' which we are very excited about. Also have seen the room service and bar menus. Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the MDR; we want to see it all! It is something we get very excited about.

Thanks,

Renee[/quote']

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

Does anyone have any MDR menus from the Jewel? I have seen some of the Indian menus' date=' which we are very excited about. Also have seen the room service and bar menus. Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the MDR; we want to see it all! It is something we get very excited about.

Thanks,

Renee[/quote']

You should be aware that they do not present the Indian menus, as they did when the ship was in Europe. However, if you ask your waiter for the Indian menu they will get it for you. We just returned from the Transatlantic and following cruise and, although it wasn't mentioned by the waiter, we asked for the Indian menu on both cruises and had great meals each time.

You should be aware that they do not present the Indian menus, as they did when the ship was in Europe. However, if you ask your waiter for the Indian menu they will get it for you. We just returned from the Transatlantic and following cruise and, although it wasn't mentioned by the waiter, we asked for the Indian menu on both cruises and had great meals each time.

We were in the same cruise, and even though we asked about the Indian menus, our waiter did not present them until I mentioned it to the headwaiter.

Jewel cabin 1100 entering the harbor in Rhodes Greece....e1c09f9db4b3ba65ca9d5ae56c6bbdf0.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Great pic! How did you enjoy your room? We have the same room booked. I was slightly concerned with early morning noise being directly below the windjammer.

Great pic! How did you enjoy your room? We have the same room booked. I was slightly concerned with early morning noise being directly below the windjammer.
Loved the cabin and especially the balcony.

You do hear the "chair scrappers" from the Windjammer above which can be annoying when you wanna sleep in....I luckily had some earplugs. My DW says she can barely hear it.

We have the cabin again for our TA on Brilliance September 2018.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We prefer to eat in the MDR if at all possible. Does anyone have the hours the MDR serves breakfast and lunch?

Thanks' date='

Renee[/quote']

These hours can vary daily by itinerary. They will be listed in your Cruise Compass , which you will receive the day before.

The last RC I was on it was literally impossible to find a glass of water to drink unless it was buffet time. Being from Arizona we drink LOTS of water. There were no drinking fountains anywhere on the ship and if you asked the bartenders for it they gave you dirty looks. My friends ended up buying water and spent over $100 in 7 days I would like not to do that!

The last RC I was on it was literally impossible to find a glass of water to drink unless it was buffet time. Being from Arizona we drink LOTS of water. There were no drinking fountains anywhere on the ship and if you asked the bartenders for it they gave you dirty looks. My friends ended up buying water and spent over $100 in 7 days I would like not to do that!

What ship was that? There is normally some beverage station set up with coffee, hot tea, and ice water available.

What ship was that? There is normally some beverage station set up with coffee, hot tea, and ice water available.

True, in the Windjammer and dining rooms. But he is right about the bartenders. On ships without the Coke Freestyle machines, I learn to hide my cup when ordering or they skip right over me. Fortunately, i think the last ship I went on without the Freestyle was either Jewel in 2012 or Allure in 2011.

True, in the Windjammer and dining rooms. But he is right about the bartenders. On ships without the Coke Freestyle machines, I learn to hide my cup when ordering or they skip right over me. Fortunately, i think the last ship I went on without the Freestyle was either Jewel in 2012 or Allure in 2011.

I was thinking of places with late night drink stations like Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Solarium on Vision and Radiance class, aft of WJ on Radiance clas.

I was thinking of places with late night drink stations like Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Solarium on Vision and Radiance class, aft of WJ on Radiance clas.

I thought so, but approaching 60, I don't think about water much after 10pm ;)

Oasis of the Seas - Monster

Personally, my husband and I hated the Oasis of the Seas. Too big for us and seemed like the nickel and diming was WAY more than normal. Also, didn't care for the private Haiti experience. They really had us stuck on that deal. They said all your drinks and food were free for the day but they only had drinks out for the 1 hour "maybe" lunchtime and we had no way of again getting any water unless we left our excursions and went back to the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread. We are sailing on Jewel 1/21 from San Juan flying in day of staying out on Condado at the AC afterwards and flying home Monday since Delta nixed our Sunday flight. Excited and a little nervous to try RC again, we did Grandeur several years ago (post fire) and it was ok but have been sailing on Celebrity a few years now .Think Jewel may be a good ship to get a good experience on RC again.

I dont see a lot of talk about the Spa or Thermal suites on Jewel? Is it b/c the itineraries are so port intensive they dont get used alot? Or are they sub par?

Great thread. We are sailing on Jewel 1/21 from San Juan flying in day of staying out on Condado at the AC afterwards and flying home Monday since Delta nixed our Sunday flight. Excited and a little nervous to try RC again, we did Grandeur several years ago (post fire) and it was ok but have been sailing on Celebrity a few years now .Think Jewel may be a good ship to get a good experience on RC again.

I dont see a lot of talk about the Spa or Thermal suites on Jewel? Is it b/c the itineraries are so port intensive they dont get used alot? Or are they sub par?

See you on the Jewel! We’re on ththe 1/21 sailing also. Don’t know a whole lot about the ship, but I’ve been hearing good things!

I’ve been on Serenade twice, which is a very similar ship, and loved it. So I’m sure Jewel will be no different!

I've used them quite a bit. I had spinal fusion surgery and a lot of arthritis, so I enjoy the heated chairs and steam room

thermal.jpg