What is the "open space" showing on the deck plans? Radiance/Serenade of the Seas?

We will be sailing on the Serenade of the Seas. Our cabin in on the stern, Deck 8. I notice than in the deck plans, there is an "empty" area shown between the row of balcony cabins on either side of the aft portion of the ship ship....I thought those might simply be interior cabins, but none are listed. The open area to which I refer can be seen on the stern of decks 7-10 at the bottom of this LINK.

At first I thought that area might be machinery space, including the area where the "smoke stacks" run, but that area on decks lower down and higher up than 7-10 do not show the open space.

I am curious.........:confused:

Doug

While there will be some linen lockers, pantries, and stairwell/elevators in that area, most of that area is an AC fan room, serving all the cabins to each side of the space, and aft. The engine casing, where the exhausts go up to the funnel, is forward of the after stairs, in that centerline "white space".

While there will be some linen lockers, pantries, and stairwell/elevators in that area, most of that area is an AC fan room, serving all the cabins to each side of the space, and aft. The engine casing, where the exhausts go up to the funnel, is forward of the after stairs, in that centerline "white space".

Well, looking at your "credentials" on your profile page, you oughta know!:cool:

Thanks for that reply, I appreciate it. Spend any time in the USN? I'm retired Navy, but on the aviation side.

Doug

Well, looking at your "credentials" on your profile page, you oughta know!:cool:

Thanks for that reply, I appreciate it. Spend any time in the USN? I'm retired Navy, but on the aviation side.

Doug

Just a few years reserve duty with the "Gray Funnel Line".