Contacting Regent

BosoxI

IMO, it is not in your best interest to book directly with Regent. There are TA's out there (we cannot say who they are) that book Regent cruises all the time and give a percentage back on the cost of your cruise and/or OBC's (on board credits). Do some research and book with a TA - there is no downside to it.

IMO, it is not in your best interest to book directly with Regent. There are TA's out there (we cannot say who they are) that book Regent cruises all the time and give a percentage back on the cost of your cruise and/or OBC's (on board credits). Do some research and book with a TA - there is no downside to it.

Thank you but I have booked through an agent who is away from work for a while.. I have a simple problem which I'd like to address. Some cruise lines will only talk to an agent, not the passenger.

Bosoxl, not sure where you are from but in the UK we booked our first 2 Regent cruises with Regent....the others were with a TA and we were able to call Southampton (Regent office) for any other advice. They had all our details and were very helpful.

Pam.

Thank you but I have booked through an agent who is away from work for a while.. I have a simple problem which I'd like to address. Some cruise lines will only talk to an agent, not the passenger.

My first reaction to your post is that dealing with a TA that does not have a "staff" to deal with clients when they are away is problematic. You really need an agent that regularly books Regent cruises and can advise you of the many things that you need to know about Regent. In terms of calling Regent when you have booked with an agent, you can call them regarding excursion and dining reservations as well as air flights. However, we prefer to have our TA contact Regent regarding some things (we deviate our air - give our TA our choice of flights and let them deal with Regent to figure it out).

In any case, since you have already booked with an agent (hope that you are getting a rebate and OBC's) you may have to wait for their return. The only other alternative is to find another TA - cancel your cruise and rebook with them. While you are charged a fee to cancel, you get the fee back when you rebook. Alternatively, you can always call Regent and see what they say.

Hope that you find the answers that you need.

Bosoxl,

We always book through an agent, but have called Regent when we have had a question that we needed answered while our agent was away, or after our agent's office was closed. Only once did Regent tell us that they needed to talk to our agent directly. They always seem to be happy to help.

My first reaction to your post is that dealing with a TA that does not have a "staff" to deal with clients when they are away is problematic. You really need an agent that regularly books Regent cruises and can advise you of the many things that you need to know about Regent. In terms of calling Regent when you have booked with an agent, you can call them regarding excursion and dining reservations as well as air flights. However, we prefer to have our TA contact Regent regarding some things (we deviate our air - give our TA our choice of flights and let them deal with Regent to figure it out).

In any case, since you have already booked with an agent (hope that you are getting a rebate and OBC's) you may have to wait for their return. The only other alternative is to find another TA - cancel your cruise and rebook with them. While you are charged a fee to cancel, you get the fee back when you rebook. Alternatively, you can always call Regent and see what they say.

Hope that you find the answers that you need.

TC, if I am right from what a previous answer has been, Bosoxl is in the UK and our TA are vastly different to yours and I know of some people who will book via an American TA for American based cruise lines as the discounts, OBC and general terms and conditions far outweigh the costs of phone calls and often unsociable times for calls.

But saying that, we got a hefty discount and OBC for book with an English TA on booking very early, but out hefty deposit would be forfeited if we wished to cancel for any reason that our insurance didn't cover us for. EG just changing our minds and another TA wouldn't swallow giving us nearly $6000 dollars off another cruise to reimburse this loss.

TC, if I am right from what a previous answer has been, Bosoxl is in the UK and our TA are vastly different to yours and I know of some people who will book via an American TA for American based cruise lines as the discounts, OBC and general terms and conditions far outweigh the costs of phone calls and often unsociable times for calls.

But saying that, we got a hefty discount and OBC for book with an English TA on booking very early, but out hefty deposit would be forfeited if we wished to cancel for any reason that our insurance didn't cover us for. EG just changing our minds and another TA wouldn't swallow giving us nearly $6000 dollars off another cruise to reimburse this loss.

Thanks for the information about where the TS is located. It really helps to know that. If someone doesn't have their location, we tend to assume they are from North

America.

My advice would definitely not work there. The cancellation policy in the UK.

My TA is with one of the biggest agencies with plenty of staff to handle any situation at any time. I have the best possible deal and am completely happy with my cabin. All is well. Believe me, I appreciate the concern, but after seventy or so cruises, I am quite "in the know" generally.

However, this is our first cruise with Regent, so I am unfamiliar with their policy. My question was adequately answered by Indi Traveler, the very first responder, and confirmed by several others. My piddly little "problem" is of no real concern and can be easily addressed with a phone call by me.

So I don't need to change TAs and I would have to be certifiable to cancel my sweetheart deal. Thanks to all for your responses