Serenade 1053, 9077, 8087? Interior quads added after last refit?

Elva

From what I can gather, these interior category Q rooms were added after the last refit. They are different in that they are "stand alone" - i.e. they are no other interior rooms that are adjacent to them. Aside from their being new, is there anything about them that would make them any better than other interior quads - maybe square footage?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed this cabin available as an inside on a cruise I was looking at to sneak in for this year.

Has anyone had any experiences in 1053? Or any of the "new" insides? I put a search in and this is the only thread that came up.

• 1 year later...

I too am looking at booking one of the newly added cabins on the Serenade 8087, 9077 or 1053. I didn't see much of any thing on the boards so bumping this question again. Anyone have any inputs?

thanks!

My only consideration about those rooms might have to deal with centrum noise.

It is quite loud on Serenade, especially when they are having rehearsals and performances.

I recently stayed in 1052, and with the outer hallway door shut, I didn't hear any noise from the performances.

With the door open, it was another story.

However, one wall of those cabins borders the outside area of the centrum. I hope that someone who has stayed in one of those cabins will chime in as to whether or not noise is a problem.

If noise, or the potential for it, doesn't bother you, I'd say go ahead and book it.

You are right there by the elevators and close to the stairs. Very convenient...

• 6 months later...

I just returned from a stay in 1053, do not stay there unless you want to hear music every night until midnight. It is VERY loud from the Centrum (on 4th floor) every night until then. I am an early to bed early to rise type so not so good for me. Room was very nice though.

My husband and I were in cabin 1053 for 16 days during the November crossing.

Pros

• Very convenient location near Centrum elevators
  • Steps away from benches where we could view the Centrum activities

Cons

• Noisy during musical performances
  • No Wi-Fi

That said, we got used to the music and were able to fall asleep easily most nights. Deck 10 is high up enough that we never heard voices, only music. If you are sensitive to sound, then this cabin would not be good for you.

• 2 years later...

We are booking a cruise with our family, so we will have two rooms. One with a balcony and one interior. Room 1053 is available as an interior room, but the deck plans don't indicate which way room 1053 opens. A second question is - would it be easy or odd to walk to the balcony room on the edge of the centrum.

Can anyone comment on which direction 1053 opens, and if you think that will work well with a balcony room across the hall? Thanks!

Cabins are "pre-fab" and slid into place. They are all the same size, within a category. 1053 will open toward the forward cabins. NO cabins open directly to the elevator/stairway foyer. That said, there is a potential for noise in that area. The greed of the cruise lines has placed cabins where they should NOT be. This is one of them.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I still don't understand what way the door opens. Don't all the doors open on one of the short sides of the cabin? So for these old library space rooms, the door would open starboard or port. I called RC, but the representative didn't sound like they new what they were talking about. I can try calling RC again, maybe I'll get a more informed representative.

we just last week got off Serenade and were in 9078, and we have had that cabin about 10 times over the past few years (even when the library was there instead of 9077). It used to be noisy when the music was playing in the Centrum, and I seriously considered giving up that cabin, but the past two times the fire doors have been closed at 10 p.m. and they really deaden the noise once you are inside your room.

As for which way the door on 9077 opens, it opens into the hallway directly across from 9078, I think that is what you are asking, but I could be wrong.

• 5 years later...
On 11/8/2017 at 12:22 AM, Weekend5 said:

Thanks for your reply, I guess I still don't understand what way the door opens. Don't all the doors open on one of the short sides of the cabin? So for these old library space rooms, the door would open starboard or port. I called RC, but the representative didn't sound like they new what they were talking about. I can try calling RC again, maybe I'll get a more informed representative.

Bringing back this old thread in the hope there is an answer to this, since first asked a few years ago. We have just booked 1053 + 1054 (two-bedroom oceanview) for a large group trip. Hoping the door side of 1053 faces 1054, and not the other way around?

4F5D91C1-E5B2-4AA2-AAD6-B5FED77E50CD.jpeg