Freedom dining

Im new to RCL and wasnt able to find my answers in form search. Does Freedom offer a chefs table, or balcony dinner similar to what Princess offers and it so how does one sign up. Can this be done beofre boarding. On Princess we had to call the dine line. Thanks in advance.

Im new to RCL and wasnt able to find my answers in form search. Does Freedom offer a chefs table, or balcony dinner similar to what Princess offers and it so how does one sign up. Can this be done beofre boarding. On Princess we had to call the dine line. Thanks in advance.

This link will show you what dining is available on the ship:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options

Royal allows you to book specialty restaurants in your Cruise Planner here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/asr/login.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=3

If you don't see specialty dining available, it could be too early to book. Note that Royal requires you to pay in full for dining booked pre-cruise.

EDIT: I cannot confirm that Freedom has Chef's Table.

Edited by clarea

There is no "balcony" dinner...at least, not like Princess does! You can order room service, but unless you are in a large suite with a dining table, there's nowhere to eat a full meal! The balcony tables are knee-high, and quite small...just room for 2 drinks! No dining table in the cabins, either! AND...everything is brought at one time, and it's not served to you...they just bring it and leave it for you.

I did the Freedom Chef's table last week if you want info; I've got pics of the menu and all the courses as well as the table set up. Yes, it was in Windjammer, but it was closed off to other guests. We had a BLAST. A galley tour our last sea day was included as part of it.

It wasn't available to book until a few weeks before the sailing, and my selected date ended up being changed because there weren't enough people who booked for that evening.

I did the Freedom Chef's table last week if you want info; I've got pics of the menu and all the courses as well as the table set up. Yes, it was in Windjammer, but it was closed off to other guests. We had a BLAST. A galley tour our last sea day was included as part of it.

It wasn't available to book until a few weeks before the sailing, and my selected date ended up being changed because there weren't enough people who booked for that evening.

How did you book it. Thanks

Up to now we have only done CT on Oasis Class ships. We are booked for CT on Freedom 4/3 cruise. Was originally disappointed the CT was in the WJ. In for a penny, in for a pound; willing get to try anything once. Will let you know....

Up to now we have only done CT on Oasis Class ships. We are booked for CT on Freedom 4/3 cruise. Was originally disappointed the CT was in the WJ. In for a penny, in for a pound; willing get to try anything once. Will let you know....

Thank you I look forward to hearing your report about the CT