Cruising during school holidays

Linda.k

:cool::cool:I am planning a South Pacific cruise on Explorer of the seas April 2018 , which also happens to be school holidays in Australia. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on a cruise during school holidays . Is it over run with kids ??? Thanks

Lots of families...but generally, not "over-run"....most kids will be using the clubs, but the pools will have their fair share of kids. There is a finite number of passengers allowed aboard, so the total numbers of guests don't really vary....

:cool::cool:I am planning a South Pacific cruise on Explorer of the seas April 2018 , which also happens to be school holidays in Australia. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on a cruise during school holidays . Is it over run with kids ??? Thanks
I think it will be full of kids. This is a 7 day round trip out of Sydney during a school break, which is a recipe for a ship full of kids. The Explorer leaves Sydney for a transpac voyage on April 22nd which I am sure is not just by chance. If you want to avoid kids I would pick another cruise.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys very random question, probably not the right place to be asking this. So please take it easy on me haha.

But we going to be in Perth for new years it looks like. So a couple of us looking for things to do during new years, one of the crew found a pretty cool article for New years in Australia. But would still love some suggests from any locals or anyone that's spent time in Perth for New years.

Thank you in advance, and please be nice lol.

Which cruise line?

Why does it matter?

Op said they are on RCCL, but even if they didn't say the only rrason the answer might be somehow different is if they were on the Paul Gauguin, or another luxury line.

All of my cruises except 1 were it the European school holiday season (and in Europe). We work in education so its our only choice.

Generally speaking its not too bad as the nightlife is fine due to most kids being in bed. You get groups of teens setting up camp in places like the Lido but all they do is go crazy on sugar and keep to themselves.The odd bit of running down the corridors but not much. Kids have been really well behaved on all the cruises we have been on.

To me there is only one problem when it comes to lots of kids on cruises and that's the pool. If theres no adult only pool then you can pretty much forget enjoying a dip as kids just go nuts in it. On ships where they have been adult pools next to the kids then the kiddos have taken that over as well on some occasions.

This thread is from February 2017. It was bumped up for some reason by Travelergirler12, who asked a totally unrelated question.

I heard a rumor that there's a "free" cruise to the Bahamas for only $65 that goes to anyone who notices the OP is long gone. ;)

Rule of thumb, odds of higher percentage of children on cruises 7 days or shorter-starts,stops during weekend, any holiday period.

Children were almost nonexistent on a 10 day Alaskan cruise Tuesday to following week's Thursday