Coffee machines

bellemere

Do the Viking Ocean ships have the fancy coffee machines like on the Viking River ships? Looking forward to a cup of hot chocolate.

Thanks.

Not quite. Fancy coffees (except those with alcohol), tea and hot chocolate are all free 24/7 and available at most bars and dining venues. There are two of those fancy coffee makers in the World Cafe (aka the buffet). There is a pod-type coffee maker in your cabin (except V category); I can't remember if it is stocked with hot chocolate --and it does not take the Keurig K-cups (the pods are smaller). IMHO, just delightful having someone else make my coffee and hot chocolate. :hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

Thanks for the hot chocolate status. Just read your reply to my husband and he wants to know about the cookies he is use to on the river cruises.

I know that cookies are on the buffet for lunch and dinner but I'm not sure when and where else they are available. Hopefully someone else can pipe in with an answer.

Hopefully, my husband is not the only one that loves a cookie in the middle of the day.

Cookies are available at lobby bar when no restaurant is convenient. Maybe elsewhere but I did find this spot easy while enjoying the atrium.

Our friend LOVES cookies and she is a great baker. She thought the cookies on our river cruise were great not so much on the Ocean cruise but she did test and retry most of them!

Cookies are available at lobby bar when no restaurant is convenient. Maybe elsewhere but I did find this spot easy while enjoying the atrium.

And they have the best coffee on the ship! If I'm heading to the MDR for a sit-down breakfast I hit the lobby bar first because the MDR coffee is the worst on the ship.

Not quite. Fancy coffees (except those with alcohol), tea and hot chocolate are all free 24/7 and available at most bars and dining venues. There are two of those fancy coffee makers in the World Cafe (aka the buffet). There is a pod-type coffee maker in your cabin (except V category); I can't remember if it is stocked with hot chocolate --and it does not take the Keurig K-cups (the pods are smaller). IMHO, just delightful having someone else make my coffee and hot chocolate. :hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

Do the pod coffee makers have tea pods as well? Not a coffee drinker but I am "heavily reliant" on my tea!

Do the pod coffee makers have tea pods as well? Not a coffee drinker but I am "heavily reliant" on my tea!

No tea pods if I recall. But the bars all serve tea-- and not prepared through the same spout that has just dispensed 10 cups of coffee.

• 4 weeks later...
Except for coffees with spirits, all varieties of coffee are available for free in the dining rooms and the bars during operating hours.

So excited to try Viking. We have 2 cruise booked with them. We used to enjoy cuppachinos until the main cruise lines started charging extra for them.

Great tip about the lobby bar! I am one of those strange ones that can drink coffee up until 1 hour before bed, so I will certainly be hitting there! And I looooooooove hot chocolate. Nomnomnom.

And it is so much better when someone makes it for you!

• 5 months later...

Peregrina, You are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you! Is the coffee that you brew yourself in cabin STRONG?? I like a good cup of dark strong coffee to wake me up. (Or should I seek out bringing Pauling pods for French Roast)

Here's the best image I could find of the Paulig coffee pods plus another of the coffee set up on board:

cupsolo_uutudet.png

enhance

Great tip about the lobby bar! I am one of those strange ones that can drink coffee up until 1 hour before bed, so I will certainly be hitting there! And I looooooooove hot chocolate. Nomnomnom.

I am the same way, can drink coffee anytime.

My Danish Grandmother, my Bestamor, said" coffee is our life blood!"

Yet, if I drink a diet coke after 6pm I cannot sleep later.

Love to have barista make my coffee anytime. Also good to have a coffee maker in are cabin too.