What do you do in between cruising to scratch that cruise itch? How do you cope?

CaptainNappin

ummm .. I read CC, plan future cruises, watch youtube vids, buy totally unnecessary packing supplies, buy totally unnecessary tropical clothing, and do "practice" bookings of many different ships on several lines!

yep

I also spend time on CC and we don't let any dust gather on us as we are always doing something- going to a game, a concert, traveling to Germany (only once a year alas) and of course there is work and school that gets thrown in there too.

ummm .. I read CC, plan future cruises, watch youtube vids, buy totally unnecessary packing supplies, buy totally unnecessary tropical clothing, and do "practice" bookings of many different ships on several lines!

Spot on!!! LOL.....all of us 'addicts' do the SAME thing!!! :D

I think it's fair to say that this will be the best response. Just be careful. Practice booking is a slippery slope!;p:cool:

I think it's fair to say that this will be the best response. Just be careful. Practice booking is a slippery slope!;p:cool:

This is the truth. Currently have 5 bookings. It's all good though, gives me more things to plan while I wait lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We love all inclusive as much or more than cruising. don't get me wrong we love cruising as well, our last 2 cruises were B2B, 21 and 14 day respectively. we are going to Sandals in St.Lucia for 2 weeks in October , before our January Miracle 14 day trans canal. the advantages of A.I., much better food and selections. five or six restaurants all free. Top shelf liquors, even in your room and swim up bars. Lounge chairs are always available by the beach and pool. All activities are included, even Scuba with Sandals. there are Hobi cats, kayaks, stand up paddle boards, and water tubing, to name a few. Is it more expensive, yes, but add up your shore excursions, it's pretty close. we also have a time share and do that once a year in St.Martin.

yep, ditto. its an unforgiving addiction.

Well travel is the addiction for us, not necessarily cruises. Have 7, 10, 14 days coming up in December. Did 1 last year 1year before, skipped 2years before that. we have done 3 land trips to Europe and Dubai this past year. Sometimes it's just what we want to see, or

go back and spend some time at. Cruises for us now 68,69,70 coming up, are more about relaxing on the ship. Don't have any booked past December but who knows? Just love new places and old memories. Big world out there to see.

Well, I have a new one for you!! Ten of us were cruising in May and someone said why don't we do land cruises??? I asked what that was and was told everyone would go to one couples house, then another couples house and so on. So we went to St. Louis in June, they came to our house in July and we went down to the Fl. panhandle to two different houses in Aug. Whoever could go did. We had a blast everywhere we went. Ate supper out every other night so it wouldn't be hard on anyone. Want to book a cabin in the mountains in the early spring and probably do land cruise again next year. Of course, you have to have several couples to do this. We actually all got to together in Pensacola and had another couple join us. We simply had a blast.