Rendezvous or Sandals?

jinxypoo

Looking for a day pass for our stop in St Lucia November 1st. Looking for somewhere relatively close to the port, don't want to spend a ton of time or money in a cab. I was thinking Rendezvous but now they have raised their price to $105, which is $5 more than Sandals. Anyone have any recent experiences at either one? We would probably go to La Toc, unless anyone has reason that the extra cab fare to Sandals Grande would be worth it.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

La Toc has a very small beach and can be rough surf at times. Its more of a pool resort with not as many on the small crecent shaped beach. Grande St Lucian sits in Rodney Bay - some of the calmest waters in all of St Lucia and in walking distance of Pigeon Island. If you are looking for a "beach day" then its totally worth it to head to Grande St Lucian.

• 4 weeks later...
La Toc has a very small beach and can be rough surf at times. Its more of a pool resort with not as many on the small crecent shaped beach. Grande St Lucian sits in Rodney Bay - some of the calmest waters in all of St Lucia and in walking distance of Pigeon Island. If you are looking for a "beach day" then its totally worth it to head to Grande St Lucian.

Is Grande St Lucian a Sandals resort? How long of a taxi ride is it from the port?

Is Grande St Lucian a Sandals resort? How long of a taxi ride is it from the port?

It's Sandals Grande. Yes, a Sandals property. It's easily 35-45 minutes from port by cab, expect to pay $35usd one way, and leave plenty of time for your return, there's only one road and it can be quite busy, especially if there's more than one ship in port.

If you're mainly wanting a beach day with foid and drink, way cheaper and closer to head over Vigie Beach with the Boardwalk. Chairs available, loads of natural shade, boardwalk with restaurants and bars, restrooms, showers, etc. $10 cab ride or 25-30 walk...just down the beach from Rendezvous..

It's Sandals Grande. Yes, a Sandals property. It's easily 35-45 minutes from port by cab, expect to pay $35usd one way, and leave plenty of time for your return, there's only one road and it can be quite busy, especially if there's more than one ship in port.

If you're mainly wanting a beach day with foid and drink, way cheaper and closer to head over Vigie Beach with the Boardwalk. Chairs available, loads of natural shade, boardwalk with restaurants and bars, restrooms, showers, etc. $10 cab ride or 25-30 walk...just down the beach from Rendezvous..

Very pleased to hear about Vigie Beach. We've holidayed in St Lucia lots of times north of Rodney Bay and visited Marigot Bay/Soufriere/Pitons etc many times but when we've called on cruise ships in recent years it would have been nice just to be able to walk off to a beach. Now we have it - and looking forward to visiting in just a couple of weeks :D

Thanks for this info. Vigie Beach sounds like it could work for us. I like the fact that it is close by the ship.

We ended up going to Rendezvous and it was wonderful! Definitely a little expensive at $105 per person, but other than that everything was great.

We took a cab from the port, it was only a 5 minute drive. They just asked for my name at the gate, I didn't have to show them anything, but I would print your confirmation email just in case.

Someone greeted us right away and took us to the reception area where we paid, someone showed us around then we grabbed a drink and found an big double lounger by the lazy river. The lazy river is totally surrounded by plants and trees, you have to look for little stone paths to get into it. Our server came back every 20 minutes or so to check on us, we never had to get up for drinks.

The resort was very quiet, we saw 3 other people all day by the lazy river and maybe 20 total. Our waiter said this their off season and it will get much busier in December.

The beach was very pretty and there was no one on it, but the water was a little murky, I'm not sure if that's always the case there or if it was just the weather/tides that day.

We ate at the buffet, I believe the day pass only includes the buffet, but we were never asked for a room number or anything all day. The pass is for 10-4, we got there a little early and stayed a little late and no one said anything. We did tip our waiter and the person that showed us around, I have no idea if tips are technically "included" or not but everyone there was so great we didn't mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ended up going to Rendezvous and it was wonderful! Definitely a little expensive at $105 per person, but other than that everything was great.

We took a cab from the port, it was only a 5 minute drive. They just asked for my name at the gate, I didn't have to show them anything, but I would print your confirmation email just in case.

Someone greeted us right away and took us to the reception area where we paid, someone showed us around then we grabbed a drink and found an big double lounger by the lazy river. The lazy river is totally surrounded by plants and trees, you have to look for little stone paths to get into it. Our server came back every 20 minutes or so to check on us, we never had to get up for drinks.

The resort was very quiet, we saw 3 other people all day by the lazy river and maybe 20 total. Our waiter said this their off season and it will get much busier in December.

The beach was very pretty and there was no one on it, but the water was a little murky, I'm not sure if that's always the case there or if it was just the weather/tides that day.

We ate at the buffet, I believe the day pass only includes the buffet, but we were never asked for a room number or anything all day. The pass is for 10-4, we got there a little early and stayed a little late and no one said anything. We did tip our waiter and the person that showed us around, I have no idea if tips are technically "included" or not but everyone there was so great we didn't mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your review. This place seems very nice.