Online check-in credit card issue

I'm trying to complete my online check-in with my expense account and I'm running into an issue where when I type in my CC number it changes from Visa to Mastercard. Just curious if anyone else is running into this issue with a Visa changing to Mastercard when typing in the number. I called Royal about it 2 weeks ago, the woman tried to do it herself and said it did the same thing and their people were working on it.

I'm trying to complete my online check-in with my expense account and I'm running into an issue where when I type in my CC number it changes from Visa to Mastercard. Just curious if anyone else is running into this issue with a Visa changing to Mastercard when typing in the number. I called Royal about it 2 weeks ago, the woman tried to do it herself and said it did the same thing and their people were working on it.

I'd just opt for a cash account now to complete the online check-in and then give them the credit card at the cruise terminal check-in.

Visa starts with a 4...MC starts with a 5....I think ALL merchants know that. Does it make a difference what KIND of card it is?

That's what I thought too, after I type in the first 8 numbers it changes the type of card from Visa to Mastercard and then says "Please enter a valid number".

When I did my online check in a few days ago, it only asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card. Are you sure it is asking for the whole number? Or did my check in just assume I would be using the same card that booked the cruise?

Some ships ask for the entire credit card number (Explorer comes to mind) and others just ask for the last 4 digits.

I'd just opt for a cash account now to complete the online check-in and then give them the credit card at the cruise terminal check-in.

Good advice ( as always). I did just this on our Baltic cruise in July since the online check-in would not let me do other than a cash account . No problem and it only took a couple of minutes longer to check in. :)

Good advice ( as always). I did just this on our Baltic cruise in July since the online check-in would not let me do other than a cash account . No problem and it only took a couple of minutes longer to check in. :)

Thanks for reporting back. Things change all the time, so it's always good to get feedback on the advice we give.