Is it too late to change cr

iSailor

I am a loyal cruiser to Celebrity.I am now at 2400 points and 600 points to Zenith.On my recent cruise on Reflection the guest relation officer name Julie was very rude and made sacarstic comment about me.

It all happened while I was doing the VAT tax refund on the ship,there was a lot of people waited very inpatient for about 40 minutes and I was there waiting and told someone I will never claim that refund again if it’s a small amount.

Julie over heard what I said and she was telling everyone there that “Yea,I have heard that all the times.”

The way that she said it seems rude to me As she can tell I am a foreigner. How can she be so rude and thought so inferior about me.

Two days later I was listening my music by the balcony in my cabin,the cabin next to me complaining my music was loud,the officer came by and I did lower the volume as he told me the volume is acceptable.

Two hours later Julie came and knocked at my door and told me they have to confiscate my speaker.

I told her that I hardly hear my music because of the sound of waves while the ship on sail.i told her how my next door cabin can hear the music that I was playing?she never believe me and she refused to go out on the balcony and listen by herself.

I found that JULIE just dislike me and like to use her officer power against me.

I am so disappointed and wonder I should continue to be a loyal cruiser with Celebrity.I know it’s hard to start from the beginning with a new cruise line.Please advise.

For every story there are at least two sides.

Foreigner, I'm a foreigner, everyone is a foreigner somewhere.

You seem to think one Celebrity employee out of maybe 15000 to 20000 staff has a problem with you.

Let it go, you have spent a lot of money on reaching your current level so why waste i, go book another cruise and get over it and enjoy Zenith perks.

If we want to disect everything that someone says or writes, then I could say that the saying in your Signature is not political correct when you talk about "short guys".

At the end of your message you ask "Please advise", my advice is read your Signature and go out and practice what you preach.

Take a deep breath and remember Julie is just one person on the Celebrity payroll. If you are still bothered greatly, write a brief but strongly worded complaint to Celebrity corporate offices, noting that 2400 points were not accrued overnight. For every Julie there are hundreds of good workers on Celebrity. By the way what assurance would you have that a Julie won't exist on any other cruise line?

One employee shouldn’t impact your future cruises. Since you have so many points, you must have had many positive experiences sailing on Celebrity. Try a different ship. You should also not play music on the balcony. You might not realize how loud it is and I would image disturbing to your neighbors. perhaps you can use your phone with earplugs and listen to your music

Life is too short guys, not 2 short guys[emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah!

Life is as well for short guys

or

Life is also for short guys

or better still

Life is too short, guys

I need a cruise. I am more than willing to exchange "Julie" for my dear MIL - who is coming to dinner today. :')

Edited by G.M.T.

Why do you feel the need to include your loyalty status with your comments? What difference should that make in terms as to how you are treated? Everyone regardless of loyalty status should be treated the same by all staff. You deserve no special treatment in terms of crew response as a result of your status. If you feel you were treated in a poor manner then simply say so and contact Celebrity regarding the same. But please leave your status out of it - IMO it makes it sound as if you expect special treatment as a result.

And BTW, also IMO, it is inconsiderate at any volume to play music on a balcony. If your neighbor doesn't want to hear it, they - and the crew - were justified in their actions.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It is wrong for anyone to be rude to another person. That includes saying inappropriate things or playing loud annoying music. On a perfect cruise, everyone should be polite. Not all cruises are perfect. Not all people are polite. When asked to turn down the volume, do it. Use headphones if you like loud music. While a few situations can be annoying, don't threaten to jump ship. Obviously if you have 2400 points, you like Celebrity. Let the loud music go. Forget about the people in the next cabin. Forget Julie. You may never see her again. Crew members keep changing. Once in awhile I recognize crew from previous cruises. Relax and let it go.

Take a deep breath and remember Julie is just one person on the Celebrity payroll. If you are still bothered greatly, write a brief but strongly worded complaint to Celebrity corporate offices, noting that 2400 points were not accrued overnight. For every Julie there are hundreds of good workers on Celebrity. By the way what assurance would you have that a Julie won't exist on any other cruise line?

There is always one wherever you go so i would continue with Celebrity but email the CEO and tell him your story.

People like her have no place in that role.

Why do you feel the need to include your loyalty status with your comments? What difference should that make in terms as to how you are treated? Everyone regardless of loyalty status should be treated the same by all staff. You deserve no special treatment in terms of crew response as a result of your status. If you feel you were treated in a poor manner then simply say so and contact Celebrity regarding the same. But please leave your status out of it - IMO it makes it sound as if you expect special treatment as a result.

And BTW, also IMO, it is inconsiderate at any volume to play music on a balcony. If your neighbor doesn't want to hear it, they - and the crew - were justified in their actions.

My interpretation of this (stating status) is that the OP is saying that they have so much invested in Celebrity so it’s difficult to switch lines. I don’t think it was mentioned because they were looking for special treatment.

That said I don’t think one incident with one employee over the span of numerous cruises is cause to jump ship so to speak [emoji12] I do think there are valid reasons to change lines - itinerary, departure port, a great price or just a change of scenery. I just don’t think this is one of them.

Just my take on the situation.

We are currently on the Reflection as is the first poster. I have a comment about the loud music on the balconies, not likely her music.

On one sail away, the cabin above us, Penthouse, opened their door to their balcony and played 40’s band music all through the sail away. This was six or seven songs. No one in the vicinity could enjoy the sail away.

We did not complain but many others did, according to the butler. The gentlemen on the next balcony uses Bluetooth earphones and disturbs no one.

With the sound of waves and wind, if you can hear your music so can seven or eight other cabins in your vicinity. Best to use some type of headphone and to be considerate as others may also want to enjoy their balconies. Being considerate of others is the key.

My interpretation of this (stating status) is that the OP is saying that they have so much invested in Celebrity so it’s difficult to switch lines. I don’t think it was mentioned because they were looking for special treatment.

That said I don’t think one incident with one employee over the span of numerous cruises is cause to jump ship so to speak [emoji12] I do think there are valid reasons to change lines - itinerary, departure port, a great price or just a change of scenery. I just don’t think this is one of them.

Very sensible approach.

Then why did he not simply say that he has been a loyal Celebrity customer without detailing his point status? I think that would have been just as effective in supporting is comments regarding changing loyalties.

But I agree with you regarding a single incident and any consideration of switching loyalties, especially for that which he describes. But that also plays into my question regarding mentioning status........

Just my opinion.

One employee shouldn’t impact your future cruises. Since you have so many points, you must have had many positive experiences sailing on Celebrity. Try a different ship. You should also not play music on the balcony. You might not realize how loud it is and I would image disturbing to your neighbors. perhaps you can use your phone with earplugs and listen to your music

Both posts above summarize very well my thoughts. I am under the impression that it is very important for Celebrity Management to hear about their staff - the positive and the negative. Your almost-zenith status (congratulations by the way!) means you must have come across some extremely wonderful crew that kept you coming back. Julie is one person whose actions weren't appropriate in your estimation - let Celebrity know that so hopefully she'll be more polite to the next person.

Earplugs is the best solution for the music, as I feel everybody's 'space' on the ship needs to be respected. Perhaps in the past your neighbours didn't mind and didn't complain. In this instance, maybe they did, and Julie had to respond (I'm not saying the 'way' she responded was appropriate....

Then why did he not simply say that he has been a loyal Celebrity customer without detailing his point status? I think that would have been just as effective in supporting is comments regarding changing loyalties.

But I agree with you regarding a single incident and any consideration of switching loyalties, especially for that which he describes. But that also plays into my question regarding mentioning status.........

When I read the mention of the OP reaching almost-zenith status, I just thought "wow, they're loyal to Celebrity", and they've invested a lot into achieving that status which is important to the OP. I feel loyal to Celebrity but I'm nowhere near Zenith - so it tells me the OP has really been on a lot of cruises with them, has a lot of experience, and if they haven't complained before, this really is a "one-off" for them that has hit a sore spot....I didn't 'feel' they were looking for special treatment, IMHO.

I hope the OP can feel better and continue to have many many more positive sailings with Celebrity.

We are currently on the Reflection as is the first poster. I have a comment about the loud music on the balconies, not likely her music.

On one sail away, the cabin above us, Penthouse, opened their door to their balcony and played 40’s band music all through the sail away. This was six or seven songs. No one in the vicinity could enjoy the sail away.

We did not complain but many others did, according to the butler. The gentlemen on the next balcony uses Bluetooth earphones and disturbs no one.

With the sound of waves and wind, if you can hear your music so can seven or eight other cabins in your vicinity. Best to use some type of headphone and to be considerate as others may also want to enjoy their balconies. Being considerate of others is the key.

On our last cruise the couple were watching a portable DVD on the balcony next to us and it was very loud.

I put a Vera Lyn song on you tube on my phone and started singing to it.

My singing is terrible and before the song had finished they went back inside their cabin and turned the DVD off.

1 minute of my singing got a result lol.

I am sorry your interaction with Julie didn't leave you with a good feeling about Celebrity.

We have been on 3 cruises in the past 3 years with Julie and have found her to be a asset to Celebrity. Last year another employee told her of a situation where a MaitreD on another X ship made a commitment to us and then didn't follow through. Julie took it upon herself to find a way to rectify the problem.

She is one of the most visible, approachable & involved officers we have encountered.

When I read the mention of the OP reaching almost-zenith status, I just thought "wow, they're loyal to Celebrity", and they've invested a lot into achieving that status which is important to the OP. I feel loyal to Celebrity but I'm nowhere near Zenith - so it tells me the OP has really been on a lot of cruises with them, has a lot of experience, and if they haven't complained before, this really is a "one-off" for them that has hit a sore spot....I didn't 'feel' they were looking for special treatment, IMHO.

I hope the OP can feel better and continue to have many many more positive sailings with Celebrity.

This was my interpretation as well. I have seen numerous posts where people mention their status in an effort to show how “special” they are [emoji12]. I do not think that’s the case here. I think the OP was merely saying that the points were hard to give up and I can certainly understand that.

Keep on Cruising with X....Zenith will be worth it for the oerks.

Some staff members think they are very powerful and act like tyrants. Others go above and beyond to be helpful in resolving concerns and issues,

We had a nasty woman security officer oversee a poorly organized lifeboat safety drill outside Michaels where there were no seats and tight spacing. She threatened to confiscate people's cell phones if any went off. No one really had one. She told us to stand for almost an hr and then barked we could sit on the floor ...a real power freak. We just got through it ...but saw her being the same way throughout the cruise in other situations..we steered clear but did write neg comments on our review..Happy she was not on Infinity again this year!

I have to ask OP, did Julie walk up and down the line repeating that phase to everyone individually or did she say it only once when you made your initial comment to the person next to you? If it were me I would have said nearly the same thing, something like “I’ve heard that a hundred times.” What is wrong if the statement is true?

As for the speaker, I am surprised that it wasn’t security that came for the speaker. But someone had to inform and or instruct her to go to your cabin and take the speaker, otherwise how would she even know there was a problem? Why should it make a difference who confiscated your speaker if you had continued to play it to loud?

I am sorry your interaction with Julie didn't leave you with a good feeling about Celebrity.

We have been on 3 cruises in the past 3 years with Julie and have found her to be a asset to Celebrity. Last year another employee told her of a situation where a MaitreD on another X ship made a commitment to us and then didn't follow through. Julie took it upon herself to find a way to rectify the problem.

She is one of the most visible, approachable & involved officers we have encountered.

100% agree with this, particularly the highlighted section. I think it's a shame that the board allows name-calling like this without any proof or any opportunity of come-back from the person named.

It's very hard to speak about the intention or veracity of the GR officer's comments concerning the vat tax - I wasn't there so can't say if they were 'judgie' or even directed at the OP for their complaint about frustratingly long lines (that CC probably should have anticipated?) If the OP feels a Reflection team member was rude which is NEVER acceptable PERIOD then, as many comments already suggested, why not just try to address it with the Staff Captain (especially if the OP is still on the ship?) Sometimes giving people the opportunity to correct a mistake is a very kind gift indeed.

The speaker issue is a non-starter (for me.)

No one should play sound aloud from any device in a public setting - this means ANYWHERE that will infringe on others, PERIOD. This, although becoming more and more common place is simply selfish rudeness. Most devices today have bluetooth. Wonderful quality bluetooth headphones can be purchased for around twenty bucks on Amazon. (Trust me, I've tried many brands as I am admittedly a loser of nice things... ;)) People affording a Celebrity cruise can certainly afford this small convenience. When I sit on a balcony on a glorious cruise ship that I've worked months to earn (and waited months to board) I want to hear those fantastic waves, not my neighbor's anything... In turn, I promise to be quiet and considerate too! (yn) Apologies for the hard line on this issue, sometimes posts can get pretty critical & cringe worthy which is not my intention so I want to acknowledge that this is just MHO...

I had to go back and read the first post in this thread again as I couldn't figure out what she said that was so disrespectful or how saying that she heard that all the time could be translated to her feeling superior to the OP. I guess perception is everything ... sad but true.

In terms of the music, I've been next to loud neighbors on a cruise before....argh!! If you ask me, that is more disrespectful to all other guests in nearby cabins than whatever Julie said.