Boatyard - Out of loungers? Has this happened to you?

tbmrt

We were planning on visiting the Boatyard for the first time in a week or so and spending most of the day there. The Dawn and Azamara Quest (small ship) arrive at 8 and the Reflection and Silhouette arrive at 10.

I wrote the Boatyard and they told me under those circumstances they could be out of chairs by 10:30 and that we have to pay the same price whether or not chairs were available.

Wondering if we should just take our chances going there or pre-book a beach excursion or reserved seat at another Barbados Beach.

Have you ever encountered the Boatyard being out of chairs?

If they are out just walk down the beach to another beach club -Harbor Lights, Lobster Alive, etc. There are several options although most do not offer the water toys, etc. you'll find at the Boatyard.

We really didn't like the Boatyard. They are money grabbers par excellence. They told us they were out of sunshades when we visited a few years ago but miraculously shades started appearing for those people flashing the dollars. We managed to get one shade between 10 and when I saw couple leaving and asked if we could take their shade one of the aggressive Boatyard workers accused me of stealing it from the couple - who were actually walking away at the time.

There are many better places to visit on the same stretch of beach. The Boatyard lives by its name rather than by what it offers - go elsewhere!