Things to do on the Serenade of the seas

trout96

This is my first time on Royal and I hate their website. What I am looking for are not things I can read in the daily papers on ship but things on the ship not to miss that I wouldn't know about or overlook. What things do you enjoy on this ship.

I can't wait to try out pool table but star gazing maybe a bit hard as I will be in the Baltic hoping to wake early enough and maybe see Northern light???

For iPhone/iPad users, there is a free app available - Northern Lights Forecast & Aurora Borealis Alerts. We use this and it seems very accurate. :)

I can't wait to try out pool table but star gazing maybe a bit hard as I will be in the Baltic hoping to wake early enough and maybe see Northern light???

Try the helicopter pad for stargazing.

Then you must wake up very early. Sunrise might be as early as 03:45 am (depending on months) - also Northern Light only is visible in the ‘dark period’ from October to April. Not the time for a Baltic Cruise. Alternative is a Hurtigruten cruise along the Norwegian coast during winter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Make your way to the heliport at night. There are no lights on the bow of the ship. It's a great place to gaze at the stars.

I was umder the impression that you weren't allowed on the helipad other than a personal invite for private gatherings.

I was umder the impression that you weren't allowed on the helipad other than a personal invite for private gatherings.

Serenade (and other Voyager/Freedom/Radiance class ships) allows guests to access the helipad whenever it's safe. It's the Oasis class ships (not sure about Quantum) that don't allow guest access without an invitation.

Serenade (and other Voyager/Freedom/Radiance class ships) allows guests to access the helipad whenever it's safe. It's the Oasis class ships (not sure about Quantum) that don't allow guest access without an invitation.

Maybe 'cause I've been sailing Oasis class for awhile now. Thanks!