who would be interested in an adult only cruise

jaxw17

Hi

Just wondered how many of you would be interested in an Adult only cruise if NCL offered one.

I think there are times when it is nice to go away as a family and others where it is better that it is just adults the same as a land holiday.

When our kids aren't with us, we simply ignore the other kids! Never have been bothered by them. We've been in Vegas when there were TONS of families....and sometimes, you have to wonder what parents are thinking.....kids were bored to death!

Hi

Just wondered how many of you would be interested in an Adult only cruise if NCL offered one.

I think there are times when it is nice to go away as a family and others where it is better that it is just adults the same as a land holiday.

There actually are adult cruises offered on other cruise lines - in addition to that now that our kids are grown, we take longer cruises off season and encounter very few kids ( I think there was maybe 30 in our Nov Panama Canal cruise) so we wouldn't really be interested in it.

Edited by nednrom

Hi

I'd be interested but that wouldn't be my main reason. Would still depend on itinerary and price.

Hi

I DEF would be! When is it? Sign me up!!! :D

I would be interested in an adult only cruise, but not on NCL.

I sail on NCL because it's a good fit for our entire family.

When we go as a couple, or I travel with my mom, we choose other lines.

I can understand the desire for a child-free Haven, but would not book this myself. Our last, our next, and any future possible NCL cruises would be only in the Haven. Perhaps there is a market for a "Family Haven"- could have features that make it particularly appealing to families, and thus satisfy the needs of all types of cruisers while keeping the regular Haven adult-oriented?

Well behaved children don't bother me and I can avoid most of them by itinerary and time of year. On our last cruise there were two young adults (think early 20's) that came into the theatre after the show had started in their still wet bathing suits that stood behind us on a small area adjacent to the aisle and proceeded to dance along to the music onstage but problem was the combination of the ship's movement and probably their drinking they almost fell on us a couple of times. I would be in favor of a cruise where people didn't act where they endangered others but that is very hard to define and implement. But to answer your question an all adult cruise would be great but I don't think it would solve all problems.

Perhaps there is a market for a "Family Haven"- could have features that make it particularly appealing to families, and thus satisfy the needs of all types of cruisers while keeping the regular Haven adult-oriented?
The "regular" Haven was intended to be for families. If future ships increase the size of the Haven sundeck (like Bliss' is larger), NCL could create an adult-only section of the Haven or possibly increase the size of VIBE, give Haven guests access to VIBE (leaving passes for others), and Haven guests could go back and forth between the Haven and VIBE.

I did my first adults-only cruise in June. My travel buddy and I sailed to the Baltic on P&O's Arcadia. It was awesome, and it won't be my last adults-only cruise. But you do have to pack a tuxedo for P&O; four formal nights on a 14-night cruise. That said, I will board HAL's Eurodam on Sunday, and I doubt there will be many kids, if any at all.

Hi

Viking ocean are adult only... I will cruise on there to stay away from kids :)