Cagney's - Epic

ddlb

First time on Epic with dining pkg - I thought I could make rervations at Cagney's online but couldn't figure out how to do it whereas some of the restaurants allow you to select.

So do I have to make reservations to dine there once I am on the ship? We have 3 meals each - can we eat there 3 times? If not what would be the second and third best in your opinion? Very confused on this whole dining thing. I think I paid the 18% already when the free dining pkg was included but it says 20% gratutity online - so do I pay an additional 2%.

Sorry for these questions but I have never done this before - also got the drink package included but I think I understand that ok. I paid the 18% but can and will tip extra if warranted.

You have already paid your gratuities of 18% on the SDP and the UBP so you are grandfathered in and do not have to pay an extra 2% that they now charge.

We were able to book Cagneys at 90 days out.

Not sure I would want to eat all 3 meals at Cagney's since there are several pay for restaurants that you can pick to use your package at.

Modernos, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Teppanyaki's and also you can use it for Cirque show with dinner, (with Cirque you would just have to pay the difference).

We were on the Epic last week and I am sad to say that Cagneys was the worst meal of the week for us. We had it booked 3 times and cancelled 2 of the reservations to other restaurants after our first night visit to Cagneys. The entire experience was very sub par. The service was OK, the food though was poor. I know tastes are different but food quality and preparation are not subjective. Examples of this are brown lettuce in the caesers salad, my wife ordered filet and it came out somewhat broken up(filet mignon is a solid piece of meat with little to no marbling in it to break it up), my veal chop ordered medium was charred on the edges and raw on the bone. My wife is gluten free, they offered her gluten free bread which was a nice gesture but not expected. When they brought it out it looked like the regular bread and we both questioned if it was gluten free and was assured that it was. Then the maitre d comes over and suggests a gluten free dessert and asked where the gluten free bread was, we pointed the loaf. He then says that that was not gluten free and apologized up and down to us, the damage was done though. My wife had some stomach issues later that evening, oh well.

We were though pleasantly surprised the quality of La Cucina. The last few cruises we have avoided it because of poor quality. We ate there twice and they were both great meals.

I am a chef and appreciate both quality food products and quality food prep. Cagneys just had so many misses that first night I really think it needs an overhall on the Epic.

Sorry to say I have to agree with skeeter195 with thumbs down to Cagney's. The last time on the Epic we really enjoyed our meal there and so looked forward to meals there (yep booked it twice) along with Le Bistro and the Cirque show. The seating was not the best we stared down at one of the main restaurants and people dining. Boy, I wish I could have had what they ate! Our meals were subpar and we canceled our second night there. Le Bistro was very nice. Sometimes it is hit or miss.

Sorry to say I have to agree with skeeter195 with thumbs down to Cagney's. The last time on the Epic we really enjoyed our meal there and so looked forward to meals there (yep booked it twice) along with Le Bistro and the Cirque show. The seating was not the best we stared down at one of the main restaurants and people dining. Boy, I wish I could have had what they ate! Our meals were subpar and we canceled our second night there. Le Bistro was very nice. Sometimes it is hit or miss.

Excellent - I just booked the Cirque show - how was the food there? Thanks! I also booked Teppanyaki and Moderno appreciated the responses!

Excellent - I just booked the Cirque show - how was the food there? Thanks! I also booked Teppanyaki and Moderno appreciated the responses!

The food at Cirque was good but to be honest the pre-show fun made me forget what I had.:eek: It was nice but not fancy nor Michelin star rating but cooked perfect for me. I actually ate all of my dinner and dessert which is unlike me. They bring dinner while actors visit tables for of course the photo opportunities. There was always something going on. After dessert was served the show began and it was great. This was our second time on the Epic seeing Cirque and there was no disappointment but our expectation was the show rather than the food yet both turned out great.

Sailed Dec 9th. Ate at Cagney's. Not impressed either. Ordered the Ribeye. A lot of fat on my piece and smaller than my wife's Ribeye. Hers was much better with little fat. Told maitre'd and he said they get the meat already cut. I guess pot luck for the customer.

Something like an Outback meal. A steak with a few shrimp and a small veggie serving. Very modest meal. The entertainment was great though.

We would have booked Cirque, Cagney's and Teppanyaki. The food in the Cirque is fixed menu, mass served. It is o.k. Not great. But you are there for the show.

Remember, one person from your party should be in line for the Cirque at least 1 hour before show time (or more). Your whole party MUST be in line 30 minutes before show time when general seating starts. The hostess will seat you front to back. Havens guests will be allowed in first through a side stage door,,,, so even if you are first in line, you won't get the best seats.