Ncl or Royal

mumeof3

we have been on 2 soon to be 3 royal cruises but this summer we are looking to book a Bermuda cruise from Nj/ny

We already did the Royal one in September just my husband and I and loved it, this summer we will be putting my in laws ashes to rest in the ocean with family, so my question is when looking at the prices between both are about the same but with NCL you get the free drink package...., it just seems like you get nothing from Royal so deciding if we should try NCL???!

we have been on 2 soon to be 3 royal cruises but this summer we are looking to book a Bermuda cruise from Nj/ny

We already did the Royal one in September just my husband and I and loved it, this summer we will be putting my in laws ashes to rest in the ocean with family, so my question is when looking at the prices between both are about the same but with NCL you get the free drink package...., it just seems like you get nothing from Royal so deciding if we should try NCL???!

Why not try NCL? Best to experience it for yourself.

Some people say you get nickel & dimed to death on NCL. I have always found NCL to offer a better value. If you try it & don't love it, it's only 1 cruise. You will still be in Bermuda. You can make the best of any situation with the right attitude.

I like both NCL and Royal equally, but consider the added gratuity charge on that "free" drink package. We decided to book a GTY where we didn't get that benefit since I rarely drink. Do your math and see if it is worth it. I do like Freestyle and the other cruise lines try, but the dining experience is very different, even if you try MTD (really good for a two top).

If the NCL ship is the Breakaway or newer, I say go for it. On the negative side, they are very crowded and the pools suck but on the positive side, they are very active with good entertainment. The Waterfront is really nice for dining.

And yeah, as others have said, do know that the "free" drinks package costs about $100 per person after they tack on the gratuities.