Very confused on which cruise to choose????

amcg96

Hi!!!!

We are looking for a "small" vacation during August or October (this year) since we are having a "big one" in January to South America (land trip).

We discover our love for cruise vacations in November '07 during a great week in the Adventure of the Seas.

We are both in our 32's, no kids, very lively couple (some drinks), dancing but still like getting pretty on the nights! I have heard so many things about different cruise lines. Specially here in PR, since we have many ships that either stop here or have us as their main port. I'm pretty apprehensive about Carnival, since what I've heard about the Destiny is that is cheap and there are toooo many puertorricans (hey love my people but I dont want the whole island on vacations with us!) and that NCL and Princess are too many old couples.

So, I've been thinking about Liberty of the Seas or Freedom.. but still would love to hear from "the experts" if we should think about NCL, Princess or even Carnival.

Hi!!!!

We are looking for a "small" vacation during August or October (this year) since we are having a "big one" in January to South America (land trip).

We discover our love for cruise vacations in November '07 during a great week in the Adventure of the Seas.

We are both in our 32's, no kids, very lively couple (some drinks), dancing but still like getting pretty on the nights! I have heard so many things about different cruise lines. Specially here in PR, since we have many ships that either stop here or have us as their main port. I'm pretty apprehensive about Carnival, since what I've heard about the Destiny is that is cheap and there are toooo many puertorricans (hey love my people but I dont want the whole island on vacations with us!) and that NCL and Princess are too many old couples.

So, I've been thinking about Liberty of the Seas or Freedom.. but still would love to hear from "the experts" if we should think about NCL, Princess or even Carnival.

A small cruise would be fine with any line though based on your preferences I'd suggest:

Definitely RCCL.

Princess if the price is right.

Probably not NCL.

Definitely not Carnival.

• Administrators
Hi!!!!

On second thought, I don't think I actually have anything helpful to say -- I don't know where one would go to find a cruise without certain age groups or ethnic categories.

Hi!!!!

My suggestion is either these three ships... The Carnival Legend, Carnival Glory or Royal Caribbean Freedom. We had friends just got back from the Freedom loving it, large monster ship in size but had a lovely time. We love large ships, but the Mariner out of Los Angeles is a great ship you will love anything royal caribbean carnival is more for young adults , families and kids, keep away from March all spring breakers lots of teens..

I Love the bigger ships, more to get lost in and I do my best writing on a large ship. I am an author and I have written many stories about couples on how they behave on the ships. I did follow one while we were there, they eventually became our closest friends, they are the new characters in our upcoming cruises, book.

Undelectable Cruising when the husband sees a pretty blonde and she makes eye contact to him. then it becomes a mystery after that to find out that she is really a man.

My suggestion is either these three ships... The Carnival Legend, Carnival Glory or Royal Caribbean Freedom. We had friends just got back from the Freedom loving it, large monster ship in size but had a lovely time. We love large ships, but the Mariner out of Los Angeles is a great ship you will love anything royal caribbean carnival is more for young adults , families and kids, keep away from March all spring breakers lots of teens..

I Love the bigger ships, more to get lost in and I do my best writing on a large ship. I am an author and I have written many stories about couples on how they behave on the ships. I did follow one while we were there, they eventually became our closest friends, they are the new characters in our upcoming cruises, book.

Undelectable Cruising when the husband sees a pretty blonde and she makes eye contact to him. then it becomes a mystery after that to find out that she is really a man.

You have posted that you are a funeral director, a jeweler, and now an author?

Hey, were not against going with any group of people (ethnicity..) its just that we've heard that Carnival Destiny has a large group of "us"!!! in their sailings from San Juan and since even though we are 4 million people I can assure you that even in Venice, Italy I have found people from PR that we actually know!!!!

I am getting towards the Freedom but don't know on the two "private" islands (labadee and Cocco Cay).

I've never really thought about different ethnicity's when I've cruised. But, I have to say I've been on NCL,RCI,and Carnival. I personally prefer Carnival. I've gotten the best service, the best food, and had the most fun! Anyway, whatever you decide, if you put it in your mind that you'll have a good time, you will!:)

Carnival has a lot of short cruises and I like leaving from Ft Lauderdale since you can literally see the airport from the ship. I have been on celebrity cruises from PR and naturally you get a lot of locals. I was on the Carnival Miracle in April and enjoyed it. I would watch out for weather in August. October may be a better bet especially later in the month. I am a retired senior and like RCCL, Celebrity and Princess. For an inexpensive fun cruise ( I still like to have fun), you can't beat Carnival.. The food has come a long way in the last few years and the service is good. All the ships have a lot of seniors including Carnival. Who else has the time to go any time of the year with kids in school etc. You can always stay up late after most of the seniors go to bed.

Hey, were not against going with any group of people (ethnicity..) its just that we've heard that Carnival Destiny has a large group of "us"!!! in their sailings from San Juan and since even though we are 4 million people I can assure you that even in Venice, Italy I have found people from PR that we actually know!!!!

I am getting towards the Freedom but don't know on the two "private" islands (labadee and Cocco Cay).

I was on Carnival Destiny and it is a beautiful ship, the food was great, the people were great and we loved Puerto Rico. I read all of the bad reviews and was apprehensive but it turned out to be one of our better cruises. Go!! You won't be sorry.

Archived