Coffee on Princess Ships

They have people on board thinking it's special. BS!

Going by the number of people who sit for hours in IC making it difficult to get a seat I think that’s a lot of people.

I’ve heard people rave about the beverage packages including specialty coffee and bottled water. You would think it was upmarket and the coffee was outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going by the number of people who sit for hours in IC making it difficult to get a seat I think that’s a lot of people.

I’ve heard people gloat about the beverage packages including specialty coffee and bottled water. You would think it was upmarket.

If you look around at those sitting for hours, they are on their tablets, laptops, and drinking sodas from the bar. I've read of people complaining about the chair hogs down at the IC, they seem to be every where on the ship. They find a seat and make it their own. DH and I don't really hang around down at the IC, we hang out on our balcony, that's why we booked it. We do buy the wine package and enjoy a bottle out on our balcony in the evenings. We're not much up to standing waiting for someone to move - that may never happen! :(

That's so they can charge you big bucks for a horrible "special" coffee. Last cruise I decided to see what was so "special" about the coffee at the IC. I paid for it, sat down, and it was horrible! I couldn't drink it! I took it back over to them and told them it wasn't worth what I paid for it, and I wouldn't even drink it if it were FREE!

I find with bought coffee you need to keep your eye out for particular baristas - if someone makes a good coffee for you they become like gold on a ship. If you love coffee look after them [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fake news. Coffee at the Horizon has always been horrible. Princess knows it and came up with the revenue generating idea of "specialty coffee." It's anything but special. It's just as bad as Horizon Court. They have people on board thinking it's special. BS!

Yep, after 22 Princess cruises, I know all about their 'coffee.':rolleyes:

I’ve heard people rave about the beverage packages including specialty coffee and bottled water. You would think it was upmarket and the coffee was outstanding.

Those pax who sit all day in the IC and Piazza seem part of the furniture. Just like those who sit by the windows all day in the HC playing cards or reading books/tablets.:evilsmile:

Those pax who sit all day in the IC and Piazza seem part of the furniture. Just like those who sit by the windows all day in the HC playing cards or reading books/tablets.:evilsmile:

You’d think they were relaxing and enjoying an ocean cruise or something, wouldn’t you 🤫the cheek :evil smile: [emoji41]

Never understood why people get so upset that others are using seats.

Take it up with the lie f they aren’t providing enough seats.

And don’t eat me started on the whole seatvsaving thing, one cruise Mrs Gut was abused no end because I’d toddled off to the dunny, and some bloke thought he was entitled to my chair.

She was visibly upset and that takes a bit.

On most of my cruises, the first thing I do is reserve my lounger and then go back and shower, breakfast and such and do not return until some warmth has come to the area. Sometimes, I get complaints, but as I say, first in, best dressed and it is my balcony after all. My wife doesn't dare argue about it. :)

On most of my cruises, the first thing I do is reserve my lounger and then go back and shower, breakfast and such and do not return until some warmth has come to the area. Sometimes, I get complaints, but as I say, first in, best dressed and it is my balcony after all. My wife doesn't dare argue about it. :)

You’re lucky Mrs Gut would argue either.

She’d just throw my stuff, and me, overboard

It's nice to know you're not one of those chair hogs we hear about all the time! Love my balcony too! We have coffee every morning and wine at night on the balcony. What could be better in life? :hearteyes:

It's nice to know you're not one of those chair hogs we hear about all the time! Love my balcony too! We have coffee every morning and wine at night on the balcony. What could be better in life? :hearteyes:

Free cruises?

You’d think they were relaxing and enjoying an ocean cruise or something, wouldn’t you 🤫the cheek :evil smile: [emoji41]

The problem is that both those areas are places where people eat, so hogging tables in those area just to play cards or read is very selfish, particularly in the Piazza where there is limited seating. We like to read while we have our coffee but once we're finished we move on somewhere else. There are plenty of other places around the ships where you can sit comfortably to read or play cards. On Diamond Princess we got into the habit of going up to Skywalkers when we wanted to sit indoors and read in the late mornings (after coffee).

The problem is that both those areas are places where people eat, so hogging tables in those area just to play cards or read is very selfish, particularly in the Piazza where there is limited seating. We like to read while we have our coffee but once we're finished we move on somewhere else. There are plenty of other places around the ships where you can sit comfortably to read or play cards. On Diamond Princess we got into the habit of going up to Skywalkers when we wanted to sit indoors and read in the late mornings (after coffee).

Good post, totally agree, IC/Piazza is for coffee and HC is for eating. Time to enforce it.:halo:

[

Good post, totally agree, IC/Piazza is for coffee and HC is for eating. Time to enforce it.:halo:

Easy guys - everybody on a cruise is “sure” they are entitled to be where they are, doing what they are doing at any given moment, as haven’t they paid the same as everyone else to be there?

I think the error lies with all the cruise lines in not making enough areas in which to - buy & drink coffee, play cards, read book/ tablets, eat - did I miss anything 🧐.

Enforcing won’t happen - read Cunard threads, they are devastated by how we Aussies interpret ‘formal dress’ want us walked off the plank - yet we swarm aboard Cunards ships.

Haha. Truly evil smile:}

Skywalkers is great for reading in the late morning.

It is indeed, and it is seriously underutilised. I don't know why Princess don't turn it into a cafe during the day. There is plenty of seating and as long as they just play quiet background music it would still be a quiet place to read.