Is Trunk Bay worth it?

crusin'mom

The ~$48 is per person from Havensight which is east of CA, add another ~$2/pp from Crown which is west of CA, + entry fee. So ~$192 - $200 total for transportation, be sure to tip your driver if you enjoy the taxi ride. Nice long day!

The ~$48 is per person from Havensight which is east of CA, add another ~$2/pp from Crown which is west of CA, + entry fee. So ~$192 - $200 total for transportation, be sure to tip your driver if you enjoy the taxi ride. Nice long day!

Thank you so much! That seems like a lot of money for visiting a beach, I'll also check out your other suggestion.

Thank you so much! That seems like a lot of money for visiting a beach, I'll also check out your other suggestion.

Yes it is a little more expensive to visit a beach on STJ with the added ferry and taxi fares, and it adds another ~2 +hours total travel time. An alternative beach option would be one of the East End beaches like Coki, Sapphire, or Secret Harbor, the transportation cost would then be ~$80 and travel time about 1/2 hour each way. But the Champagne Cat is a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...
Blue - what tour are you referring to here: (sounds like something we would want to do!) Which beach do they stop at?

If you decide to go to STJ, consider an island tour with amazing views of the north shore beaches and get dropped st the beach for a couple hours. Total cost is ~$66pp and well worth it!

We did this back in late 80's and to this day I feel St. John's is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. I took many images (film days) and the film got lost at the developer and lost all of the images but those that I can remember. I said, when we get back to St. Thomas area I want to do the island tour in St. John's again. I have reservations since the hurricane and was wondering if anyone has done this recently can describe the conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to St. John's a couple times when we have been docked in St. Thomas and it is our absolute favorite island! Living in South Florida, know all too well the damage a hurricane can do, but glad things seem to be up and running again! We love to stop in at the Northshore Deli when we get to Cruz Bay. Their food is so fresh and everything is delicious! We take it to go and grab a cab to Trunk Bay and have a great beach lunch! Mongoose Junction is such an interesting little area! Spend a few minutes just walking around there! Cute shops!

So my question is.......we have gone on our own before just taking the ferry that was just on the other side of the cruise ship dock. Is THAT ferry still available or is that an "excursion only" ferry? If so, where do we go to catch the ferry - Red Hook? We are going on NCL Bliss in November and I didn't see just the ferry transportation to and from offered.....

Thanks! :D

We partnered with other people on our roll call to charter a boat and captain a couple years ago in St. Thomas. The company arranged for a van to meet the ship when it docked. We were at the marina before 9 am and on out way to St. John . We snorkeled with the turtles and swam at several locations including Trunk Bay, ate lunch at Caneel Bay and were back to the ship by 4:30pm. We spent 6 hours enjoying St. John. It was not a lot more expensive than the ship's tour with a great deal more time enjoying St. John.

It was arranged through St. Thomas Boat Rental.