FTTF not selling out.

Duwayne

But why would you even have a beef with Carnival over this? It’s not like they are giving this benefit to non P/D cruisers for free like they are P/D cruisers. They have to pay extra fee for the benefit. Does it effect your benefit? Do you still board the ship among the first people on? Is your cabin still ready upon boarding? Do you still get priority tenders? Designated GS line. You’re benefit is that you get all that for free, not that no one else on the ship can get the same benefits for a fee. Like laundry, you get if for free does that mean no one else on the ship can use the laundry service?

This, every word.

Well put. However, to be fair, I've felt at least 85% welcomed by this forum, and by frequent Carnival travelers I met on-board, despite being new to Carnival. There are some cruise lines (cough cough check my signature cough cough) where some frequent travelers behave in a much more offensive manner toward those new to the line than anything I've seen with regard to Carnival.

Any time you have a "loyalty" program (airline, hotel, cruise, whatever), you are establishing a class system between the haves and the have nots. Once you do that, the obnoxiousness in some people is amplified.

and what signature line?

This thread actually inspired me to purchase FTTF for my 3 night cruise next month.

So, thank you!!

I don't drink much (we figure *maybe* a drink a day), and this is our first cruise.

Go big or go home!! It will be exciting for us to get our Carnival version of Southwest Airlines "Early Bird Check In".

Enjoy!

Don't be surprised if you have a few extra drinks (depending on your port days). There's something about being on the ship - probably not having to worry about a driver - that we usually drink a little more than at home. Even so, we still drink a lot less than the break even of Cheers.

I hope you love your first cruise and have a great time:D

Agree to Disagree. FTTF is shortcutting to rewards that cost $90 whereas my Platinum benefits cost me thousands of $$

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Airlines do it too, they offer priority boarding to high-level frequent flyers, but also offer priority boarding for a fee any passenger can pay.

To not sell FTTF would be a bad business move by Carnival. It's very profitable. It's very popular. If a few members feel offended because it should be a benefit only they deserve, few businesses really care about your opinion there to be honest. Now if by selling that benefit, it impacts the level of service a loyal member gets, then that is a problem.

If anything, Carnival just boosted the value of Platinum/Diamond in this aspect by raising the price of FTTF.

You know, I just don't understand why ANYONE would spend $1 on a can of green beans! I hate green beans so no one should buy them. That dollar should be spent buying a lottery ticket. Of course DW loves green beans so there goes that dollar! Not trying to be argumentative just another look at the whole fttf debate.

My beef is with Carnival, not you people . Fact is fact. They have several perks that is enjoyed by loyal long time cruisers , and then they go and offer up those perks to newer passengers so they can make more money (and they don’t care about how their platinum members feel about it).
That's business, and like life, you can't please everyone. You think Carnival is the first or only business to do it? Not by a long shot. The fact that you (and a handful of others here) have such a hard time dealing with it doesn't make the service a bad thing, nor does it make Carnival evil for offering it. Like someone else said, FTTF does not water down P/D perks. You still get them, and more. Low overhead, high profit yield, strong demand. They're not giving up this cash cow just because a few P/D's think they're the only ones who deserve those perks.

My beef is with Carnival, not you people . Fact is fact. They have several perks that is enjoyed by loyal long time cruisers , and then they go and offer up those perks to newer passengers so they can make more money (and they don’t care about how their platinum members feel about it).

]

That's clearly not true. If they didn't care about how their platinum cruisers feel about it, they'd take those benefits away from Platinum members and make them available only via FTTF. Behind that, it seems your concern stems from an impression that the each specific perquisite for frequent cruisers is individually guaranteed to be both exclusive and inviolable in perpetuity. Neither is the case.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I guess I would agree with you if FTTF gave every single benefit that the P/D get.

Not even, since the two offers differ in that FTTF is a priced offering and P/D benefits are bonuses.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Any time you have a "loyalty" program (airline, hotel, cruise, whatever), you are establishing a class system between the haves and the have nots. Once you do that, the obnoxiousness in some people is amplified.
I suppose.

and what signature line?
You must have it suppressed. In it is my upcoming cruise on Ms Nieuw Amsterdam.

I suppose.

You must have it suppressed. In it is my upcoming cruise on Ms Nieuw Amsterdam.

Oops - no, I see it. I was expecting some mile long BS like some posters have. Overlooked it.

It looks like Carnival might have reached the tipping point with the $90 FTTF price. It had been sold out on the Glory for our May sailing but it opened up again last week and is still open. $90 is a lot of money for what you get so I'm thinking they might have pushed it a little too far. I won't do it again at that price. The last time we did it (in Oct last year it had gone up to $70 and had to think hard about that before doing it. Ah well, such is the corporate mentality. It was good while it lasted.

When you are paying close to $2000 for a cruise (in my case), what is $100 more. I will buy it. Worth it to me.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some posters who swear by FTTF but won't buy a passport or get Global Entry. They all cost about the same now, but FTTF is a one time use, while a passport or Global Entry can be used multiple times over lengthy periods (10 and 5 years).

The return on expense is much greater for a passport or Global Entry, especially now with G.E. dedicated lines at MIA and FLL.

But whatever floats your boat is fine with me.

When its just a cruise for me and hubby we generally don't do FTTF however when we are cruising with our girls we do like to get in the room and set our bags down and for us the price is good for that regardless of what anyone else thinks

I been trying to snag one for my cruise coming June 12th to Alaska but they have been sold out since I booked the cruise and checking multiple times a day we have not seen it open back up - I will continue checking but I think I will be out of luck for this cruise

I don't think it isn't selling out. I think they are increasing the amount of packages they are selling. On the first cruise we bought it on there were only about 50 of us in the FTTF area. Last July there were well over 100 of us in the FTTF area. I think they open a few more then sell them. Then later they open more and sell some more.

I don't think it isn't selling out. I think they are increasing the amount of packages they are selling. On the first cruise we bought it on there were only about 50 of us in the FTTF area. Last July there were well over 100 of us in the FTTF area. I think they open a few more then sell them. Then later they open more and sell some more.

The number that are sold depends on the number of P/Ds on the cruise. Check previous postings on this thread and you will see many comments about this.

I'm cruising early next year and have been thinking about purchasing FttF for the trip - it's me and my 75 year mom who gets horrible anxiety when it comes to getting to places on time. She's the sort of person that if the ship leaves at 4 p.m., will worry herself to death if we're not at the cruise terminal by 10 a.m. We've cruised before and I didn't buy the FttF for that one and the stress on both of us was enough to make me resolve to get it for our next cruise.

$80 is a small price to pay for my sanity.

I paid $99 for my cruise in May 2019 because I physically can’t stand up for long periods of time. Definitely worth it for me. BTW, it sold out in less than 12 hours and now isn’t even listed under excursions Miami. Obviously FTTF IS selling out even at that high a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

how is that even possible? the workers ask where are you going didnt they?

It is possible if u are not paying attention..we were on a shuttle last week that was taking Carnival Magic...Sunshine and I think it was Disney Wonder...dropped off Sunshine 1st...my sis and I just happened to look out and 1 pc of our brothers luggage was sitting on curb with the Sunshine luggage...he saw it just as we were texting him ( he was way in back)..went out and had them put it back.

• 2 weeks later...
Of course that's how reasonable adults discuss things.

Children hurl insults at each other as a way to bolster their own self-importance.

It's really easy to spot who is who in threads such as these. However, it's evident some adults just can't resist arguing with children and, therefore, end up behaving like children themselves.

Which category does the person calling adults children fit in???

I purchased FTTF today. My "reasoning" is this: I have two small children. I do not want to wait in long security lines with two children. I do not want to lug our carry-ons around the ship for any significant amount of time in addition to managing two children. I want to have the ability to get my kids in the room sooner to rest for a little bit before muster drill if they need it. I'd like to be able to get our luggage sooner as unpacking the stuff for 4 people and getting it stored takes some effort and I want to get it out of the way.

To some of you who have posted on this thread, my "reasoning" for purchasing this may seem foolish or even idiotic. But I guarantee you it is neither. At $15 per person, this may be the best spent money the whole trip. Just because you do not find value in something does not mean it is not valuable. And if you disagree, I'll let you spend some time with bored, overtired, cranky children until you rethink your stance. :');p

Very well put. Probably the best reasoning I've seen and could justify if these are toddlers.

All except the last line, because a cranky kid is not dictating my vacation plans lol. But then again, I've owned/managed a daycare so there are very few things a kid do to ruin my day.