Any other Star Clipper boards?

SakeDad

As this is a pretty slow board, I know Windjammer used to have a board dedicated just to them that was very active. Does Star Clippers have another board anywhere that might be more active? Or is it that most Star pax aren't board participants in general?

We are really looking forward to our December sailing!:D

I think this may be the main board - it has been a bit quiet recently. We are booked on the RC for early January :) and I may start a thread later this year. We were on the Star Flyer last August so now we have been on all three of the Clippers.

I've not found anything on SC outside of this forum; but have 'met' another who is traveling on our ship - Athens - Venice this June. I think most of the passengers are not forum types? I am really looking forward to our maiden voyage with this company!

As this is a pretty slow board, I know Windjammer used to have a board dedicated just to them that was very active. Does Star Clippers have another board anywhere that might be more active? Or is it that most Star pax aren't board participants in general?

We are really looking forward to our December sailing!:D

I've not found anything on SC outside of this forum; but have 'met' another who is traveling on our ship - Athens - Venice this June. I think most of the passengers are not forum types? I am really looking forward to our maiden voyage with this company!

You will find that the majority of the passengers are from Europe and they don't frequent this site.

I got the impression that most SC passengers haven't been on the mega cruise ships and don't share the need for port schedules. The ship and the extremely laid back cruising (the lack of non-stop activities) style are quite refreshing.

Enjoy!

You will find that the majority of the passengers are from Europe and they don't frequent this site.

I got the impression that most SC passengers haven't been on the mega cruise ships and don't share the need for port schedules. The ship and the extremely laid back cruising (the lack of non-stop activities) style are quite refreshing.

Enjoy!

To be honest this is exactly why I am looking forward to SC!! We sailed WJ Mandalay several years ago and LOVED it. Then I worked for a few cruise lines (listed below). Recently I cruised on NCL Star (not a big ship but still...) and I actually did NOT enjoy being a guest. It was like going to a magic show and already knowing how all the tricks are done. However, sailing on the tall ships and with non-cruise ship passengers will make me happy to no end I am sure!:D I no longer enjoy the "bingo at 3, martinis at 4, dinner at 5, show at 7, more food at 9" mentality. It will actually save us a lot of money to know this! LOL

I'm looking forward to putting my shorts and Hawaiian shirt on, no shoes, finding my place on deck with a cocktail and living that way for the week!:)

Enjoy!

Steve & Marilyn,

Sounds like EXACTLY what we need - sun, sea, adult beverage, and the opportunity to get our feet wet. We cannot wait. Thank you for confirming the laid back attitude.

cheers!

FYI: SV Mandalay is back in the tall-ship sailing cruises business, owned and operated by a company made up of crew members and fans of the late lamented Windjammer Barefoot Cruises : Windjammer Sailing Adventures. Sailing out of Grenada. sailwindjammer.com. Mandy's been sailing again for the past year, and I'm hoping to sail her again soon. Loved her when we sailed on her as a WBC ship. Many of the WBC traditions have been revived, I hear.:)

Archived