Questions about the Dream

BLAMBKY

Have not been on Carnival for a while so....Where is the best place to get an easy lunch for two on embarkation day? What time can you go to your cabin?What are the must try food items and must see shows?

Any other tips or suggestions?

I just got off of the Dream Sunday and it was great. Everywhere on the Lido will be open and Guys Pig and Anchor was also open on the first day. I believe cabins are ready at 1:30 if you are not platinum/diamond/faster to the fun. I absolutely loved the pasta bar and I really enjoyed the sandwiches too. I attended the 80s Pop show and it was pretty good.......the show that the cruise director does on the last sea day was fantastic.

The best place for lunch on the Dream IMO is the Tandoori. Aft Lido deck. If you like Indian food, or have ever wanted to try it, check this place out. Its on the opposite side of the ship from the pizza. Short lines and the best food available! Different menu each day too.

I just got off the Dream a couple weeks ago. Go to Pasta Bella, it's FREE on embarkation day [emoji16] You can find it above the Lido buffet. You fill out a form choosing your pasta type and what sauce, veggies, etc you'd like added to your meal. They bring it to your table a few minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Dream a couple weeks ago. Go to Pasta Bella, it's FREE on embarkation day [emoji16] You can find it above the Lido buffet. You fill out a form choosing your pasta type and what sauce, veggies, etc you'd like added to your meal. They bring it to your table a few minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's free everyday during lunch

Pasta Bella is free every day for lunch , you only pay a charge at dinner . Enjoy

IIRC Pasta Bella, while free every day for lunch, is not open for dinner. There's another Italian food venue, Cucina del Capitano, found on other ships but not the Dream, that is free for lunch and charges for dinner.

Guys burger and Blue Iguana (by the pool) will likely be crowded. The Pasta Bella suggestion (go back to the buffet on 10 then go up the stairs) is good as most do not know about it on the first day. It may also be a good time to try Guy's BBQ on 5 if you were planning on eating there at some point.

The first day is usually a good day to try the Mongolian Wok too. It's in the middle of the first section of the lido buffet when walking toward the back. Also a random hint is don't forget the dining room is open for breakfast. The lido gets very busy for breakfast and the dining room was always a better option for us. The Dream is a beautiful ship! Have fun!