Cucina Del Capitano

abby1257

Help. Made reservations for our group on the Vista...I've been reading reviews, is it really not good...I'm thinking of cancelling. No cannoli's? No TIRAMISU???????? NO STEAK....MENU DOESN'T LOOK GREAT. OPINIONS PLEASE

We ate at the Cucina on the Sunshine last week and still enjoyed it. I do miss the cannolis. I can’t understand why they’ve been removed from the menu really. They seem like a staple desert. If you have to choose between there and JiJis I would try that. The food was excellent and so many interesting choices.

It's been a few years since I have had Cucina (only on the Breeze in 2015) but I loved it! We went there 2 or 3 times when we didn't like the MDR menu or didn't want to wait. The Carbonara was amazing as was the tiramisu although it looks like someone else said that's gone, sad! I think it's worth the $15 shot. :D

Take the reviews on this site with a grain of salt as there are chronic complainers everywhere. I can't imagine cancelling a cruise over a lack of cannolis.

Agreed, but I think (hope) OP meant cancelling the reservations, not the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Other cruisers reported it's changed. I liked the steak and wish it was still there. It'll be a while before we sail a ship with Cucina del Capitano again and hopefully the steak will be back.

Thanks. I am on Sunshine at the end of June and hopefully it will be there or they added it back.

I dined there twice once on the Breeze, very good. The other on the Vista, outstanding. I think trying the lunch is a good idea. They don't charge you for not showing up. I'd still try the restaurant. Have a great cruise.

Food is so subjective what may be good for one might not be good for you. And to cancel because you read about bad reviews? go yourself and if its bad you know the next time- at least you tried it

I would first eat at the Steakhouse and Jiji's before eating at Cucina. The quality of food and dining experience for both is far better than Cucina. We have tried Cucina 3 times and are just not impressed - the steak was the best thing on the menu and am disappointed it is gone. Someday, we will try the new menu, so I won't say we will never eat their again.

Do you live somewhere where you can get good traditional Italian food? If so, I would bet that it better than what I have had a Cucina - I grew up in DC area and have eaten great Italian from there to NY and everywhere in between. If not, it would certainly be worth a try...but again, I would do Steakhouse and JiJi's first as those experiences are much harder to find on land, especially for the price tag.

Just off the Vista. My third time dining there and the menu has changed. Not for the better in my opinion. No more carbonara, cannoli, tiramisu. The pasta we had was tasty but we just didn't like the menu changes.

Went in 2013 on the Breeze and had the Arancini risotto balls as a split appetizer, the barolo wine short ribs as an entree and split the spaghetti carbonara as a side. Above average and worth the 12.00 at the time. Has since gone up to 15.00 and recently changed it's menu as others have stated.

Did the menu change??? Looking at the menu for Cucina Del Capitano on Carnival's website for the Sunshine, there is a steak listed, Bistecca Alla Griglia, and both tiramisu and cannoli. Here is the link: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/cucina-del-capitano-menu.pdf

I was at Cucina for dinner last week on the Sunshine. I know for a fact the tiramisu and cannoli were not desert choices. I didn’t pay attention to the steak so not sure about that. I enjoyed the food but did miss my cannolis.

I was at Cucina for dinner last week on the Sunshine. I know for a fact the tiramisu and cannoli were not desert choices. I didn’t pay attention to the steak so not sure about that. I enjoyed the food but did miss my cannolis.
Here is a link to the new menu at Cucina del Capitano as well as the new menu for the Steakhouse.http://cruising.news/carnival-rolling-out-new-menus-for-steakhouse-and-cucina-del-capitano/

Take the reviews on this site with a grain of salt as there are chronic complainers everywhere. I can't imagine cancelling a cruise over a lack of cannolis.

We are not cancelling the cruise! LOL...Was just thinking of cancelling the reservation at the restaurant.