Has anyone explored Half Moon Cay on their own, just walk to various parts?

LongHill44

It watching some drone videos, it's nice to know they are allowed, I seen tons of small lagoons and other interesting areas to explored. Figured some watch and a good pair or water shoes and my group could have a few good hours of exploring places others may not have a chance to. I am not talking excursions.

A few years ago I walked down the beach to the end of the island. Did pass a sign on the way that said no trespassing but kept going.

Was a nice beach and than a rocky peninsula that might be good for snorkeling but would not do that with noone else around.

You can go on your own but can only enter the water where there are life guards. The is an old graveside on the shore somewhere, if you do a search you can find info on it.

47a7d626b3127cce98548a55f5af0000001010kAZuGzJizbsWLJw

That wasn’t my experience a few years ago. We walked down to the area near the stables to go snorkeling and there were no lifeguards nor signs forbidding being in the water there. I would only recommend strong swimmers try snorkeling at this spot, but it was certainly doable then.

(Also, how are they going to enforce a policy of no swimming except where the lifeguards are? They certainly don’t have the manpower on HMC to do so.)

That wasn’t my experience a few years ago. We walked down to the area near the stables to go snorkeling and there were no lifeguards nor signs forbidding being in the water there. I would only recommend strong swimmers try snorkeling at this spot, but it was certainly doable then.

(Also, how are they going to enforce a policy of no swimming except where the lifeguards are? They certainly don’t have the manpower on HMC to do so.)

When I did it I walked about another mile down the beach.