Packets from Oceania

Eartha Kitten

I have lived in the NYC area my entire life and am very familiar with it. When New York, NY is used in the address, it is Manhattan. If it were Brooklyn, the address would say Brooklyn, NY.

That may be obvious to you but not everyone has lived in NYC their entire life and thus they might be more comfortable if the document said Manhattan or Brooklyn instead of New York, NY.

I have lived in the NYC area my entire life and am very familiar with it. When New York, NY is used in the address, it is Manhattan. If it were Brooklyn, the address would say Brooklyn, NY. Now, just saying "New York" is confusing, and I noticed that the Cunard site has that for their QM2 sailings.

That said, I am glad to hear that the final documents specifically say which terminal.

+1 Exactly what I was going to say earlier. I'm a transplant, but NY, NY has always meant Manhattan, even in my law office. (It wasn't "my" law office in that I owned it, I just worked there.) Brooklyn, NY and etc. are also pretty clear.

On the other hand, NY County is Manhattan and Kings County is Brooklyn. Just to further confuse the issue.

That being said a year or two ago there was a last minute change where an Oceania ship switched from docking on the upper West Side (i.e., Manhattan) to Brooklyn. I don't remember which ship, but not all passengers were notified which caused some high speed chasing down to Brooklyn.

Mura