Specialty Restaurant - Timing for Reservations

Cruise-y

2 years ago we sailed O for the first time. We have sailed many other cruise lines in the past, mid to high range. We didn't make any specialty restaurant reservations because 1) we thought the MDR would be fabulous and 2) we live in a big city so have ready access to steak houses, sushi, etc. After our first night aboard, when we leaned the MDR was NOT fabulous, we had to scramble to make reservations, waste time standing in line and didn't end up with good times, seating, etc. Fast forward....now I'd like to book an O cruise around 2 months out. But I'm afraid I've missed the window for specialty reservations and I'll be in the same boat. How long can I book reservations online and are they all booked up after a few days anyway? Thanks

We're booked on the Nautica in a A1 concierge cabin and weren't allowed to book our specialty restaurant reservations until 60 days prior to the cruise and were able to book all of them at 6:30. However, PH guests get to book 75 days out and I believe B and below have to wait to book 45 days out. So I guess it depends on what type of cabin you plan on booking. But I will say, we book on the first day we can to improve our odds.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

You can book as mentioned depending on you cabin Cat

they do hold some time slots back the for next group up to about 8 days prior to sailing

You can go to the reservations desk once you board & see if any other time slots are open

also check each morning to see if you can get a seating that evening

People sometime will cancel for one reason or another

if you are willing to share you may get better options

Thanks Ken, that's a big help!

I have to say, though, we just got off the Sirena and the food in the GDR was so good we almost didn't make those reservations for our July cruise. But, we then figured it's easier to cancel a reservation than to make one on board.

we booked ahead and had no trouble changing them. Felt Red Ginger was a disappointment compared the HAL's Tamarind. Not as many selections and no Tempura. Steak house was fine but bernaise sauce was plain hollandaise, no tarragon.

we booked ahead and had no trouble changing them. Felt Red Ginger was a disappointment compared the HAL's Tamarind. Not as many selections and no Tempura. Steak house was fine but bernaise sauce was plain hollandaise, no tarragon.

There is definitely tempura in Red Ginger. I've had it almost every time I eat there.

We are cruising in the Med in late August, our 7 day cruise is the latter part of an earlier 17 day cruise. Is it correct that those on the longer cruise will get first pick at the SRs during our part of the cruise?

We are cruising in the Med in late August, our 7 day cruise is the latter part of an earlier 17 day cruise. Is it correct that those on the longer cruise will get first pick at the SRs during our part of the cruise?

Yes, if the leg before yours was part of a grand voyage. In fact on our recent B2B, which wasn't a GV, we were able to book all of our SR reservations for both legs by calling Oceania on the first day we were eligible to book them for the first leg.

What time do reservations open on your assigned day? Do they send email as soon as you can book or do you need to put it on the calendar?
Log onto your O account and pull up your booked cruises. On the right hand side you will see a To Do List. At the bottom you will see the date you can make your dining reservations. On that date you can log on again to your account and the Date entry will have changed to a link you can now use to make your reservations. We usually log on first thing in the morning. If I had to guess I would say anytime after 8 am Eastern time would work. But to my knowledge O will not send you a reminder.

We are just back from a B2B on Riviera. The first leg was Monaco to "Rome", the second from "Rome" to Venice. The total was 15 days.

This was booked as one cruise rather than a B2B. I had no trouble getting reservations for the first leg (we were in a suite so had first dibs on dates and times) but for the second leg we were always blacked out.

For us that didn't matter because we were happy with the 3 reservations we made on the first leg. Being in a suite (and on a VERY port intensive cruise) we figured we could just order into the suite from the specialty restaurants. Which is what we did.

My TA said that yes, we could book restaurants on the second leg ... we just didn't feel like bothering.

For people who do want to be able to book for the entire cruise, by all means pursue your options. A TA can always help.

We are just back from a B2B on Riviera. The first leg was Monaco to "Rome", the second from "Rome" to Venice. The total was 15 days.

This was booked as one cruise rather than a B2B. I had no trouble getting reservations for the first leg (we were in a suite so had first dibs on dates and times) but for the second leg we were always blacked out.

We encountered the same website issue on our recent Sirena B2B booked under the same booking number but not as a Grand Voyage. However, when we called O using the "Booked through a TA" option, they were more than happy to book the second leg reservations for us. We came across the same issue when we tried to book our O excursions on the second leg as well. But calling O again resolved that issue as well.

I may be wrong, but I believe each leg of a B2B has its own booking number. However, when they are linked during the booking process, the first leg's booking number becomes the primary number. That's why you can see the entire booking itinerary when you log onto your O account. But due to website limitations, you encounter "conflict" issues when you try to book anything on the second or subsequent legs. Just a guess though.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Log onto your O account and pull up your booked cruises. On the right hand side you will see a To Do List. At the bottom you will see the date you can make your dining reservations. On that date you can log on again to your account and the Date entry will have changed to a link you can now use to make your reservations. We usually log on first thing in the morning. If I had to guess I would say anytime after 8 am Eastern time would work. But to my knowledge O will not send you a reminder.

also on your invoice there should be the date you can book the reservations

look on page 3 just above the itinerary

You can usually login & book about 12:01 EST on that date

also on your invoice there should be the date you can book the reservations

look on page 3 just above the itinerary

You can usually login & book about 12:01 EST on that date

Thanks. I was going to respond that I know the date, July 10th. The question was what time, and you've answered that.

Thanks. I was going to respond that I know the date, July 10th. The question was what time, and you've answered that.

sorry to give more info than you needed

Some people do not know where to find the date they can book

enjoy the cruise

Ken...We will be on the Nautica A1 class in January. So I guess 60 days before I can make reservations. How many specialty restaurants are we permitted to make? I remember that years ago we were able to go to the desk in the morning to see if there were any additional openings. Miriam

Ken...We will be on the Nautica A1 class in January. So I guess 60 days before I can make reservations. How many specialty restaurants are we permitted to make? I remember that years ago we were able to go to the desk in the morning to see if there were any additional openings. Miriam

Lots of good info at

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

How many dining reservations am I allowed in each specialty restaurant?

Guests are permitted to make the following reservations in our specialty restaurants - which vary by ship, category and length of cruise:

Marina and Riviera

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena

Concierge Level Veranda and above

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

All other categories

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

LHT pretty much said it all.

How many specialty restaurants are we permitted to make?
There is no limitation whatsoever on the number of Reservations which you may make.

Oceania goes by a system where one is guaranteed a certain number of reservations.

There is no limitation whatsoever on the number of Reservations which you may make.

Oceania goes by a system where one is guaranteed a certain number of reservations.

So are you saying that I can make more than the guaranteed amount of advance reservations if they are available when it's my turn to book? I didn't think that was how it worked.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

So are you saying that I can make more than the guaranteed amount of advance reservations if they are available when it's my turn to book? I didn't think that was how it worked.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

The way that it works is that nobody is prohibited from making ANY number of reservations, but you ARE asked to wait until everyone aboard has had a chance at reserving before you book more than your GUARANTEED Number.

Some people make it a point of honor to ONLY dine in the Specialty Restaurants ;)

The way that it works is that nobody is prohibited from making ANY number of reservations, but you ARE asked to wait until everyone aboard has had a chance at reserving before you book more than your GUARANTEED Number.

So it's an honor system?

So it's an honor system?

Once you are on the ships, yes.

One may make as many reservations as are still available.

Of course, they do hold back a few for those who aren't savvy to the system.

So they watch out for your honor ;p