Oceania Airlines

candkd

You will get 50 different answers all of which are correct. Whichever they find is the cheapest and probably not convenient. You might get a Delta flight through Atlanta. Or a United flight thru Newark or Houston. Or American thru Miami or?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Option 1 you can pay the deviation fee & pick the flights you want there may be an upcharge for some flights

Option 2 take the air credit & book your own flights

Lyn, Actually, there is an option 3. I tell my TA which airline and flights I would like and she asks Oceania if my requests are acceptable to them. I always ask for Delta or American, and we've gotten them each time (3 times so far), including the specific seats we've requested.

I have to say that I haven't asked for a deviation, because I've flown in on embarkation day (Heathrow/Southampton and Barcelona twice), but I do take O's restricted business class upgrade.

Some people are strongly against doing that, and I'm not going to be doing it again as we're now more comfortable with the idea of going in a few days early and staying a few days afterwards. We just wanted to do Oceania-standard arrival and departure, although we did our own transfers.

So, cankd, check out the flights you would like to take from DCA to Rio or Buenos Aries or Santiago or Lima and have your TA propose them to O, if you intend to go in on embarkation day and come home on debarkation day.

Lyn, Actually, there is an option 3. I tell my TA which airline and flights I would like and she asks Oceania if my requests are acceptable to them. I always ask for Delta or American, and we've gotten them each time (3 times so far), including the specific seats we've requested.

I have to say that I haven't asked for a deviation, because I've flown in on embarkation day (Heathrow/Southampton and Barcelona twice), but I do take O's restricted business class upgrade.

Interesting

OMG I usually never fly in the day of the cruise my nerves will not stand it ;)

I priced out O BUS class for our upcoming cruise

I booked direct with the airline cheaper & got the seats I wanted

It’s been stated multiple times on these threads. If you, and your TA, start the process as closely to the 270 precruise date as possible the greater the options and the greater the conveniences. Waiting until Oceania assigns you a seat is not a good course of action.

Research.

Find options you like.

Go to Oceania early to see if they can facilitate those options at little to no additional costs to you.

Simple enough?

Interesting

OMG I usually never fly in the day of the cruise my nerves will not stand it ;)

I priced out O BUS class for our upcoming cruise

I booked direct with the airline cheaper & got the seats I wanted

Premium economy wasn't available when you booked, or not available from your area? Or did you not want it?

Premium economy wasn't available when you booked, or not available from your area? Or did you not want it?

I do not think it was an option

Decided to just book the lay flat seats & be comfortable :D

BUT......ther is an option #3

Sit down and ask if your ever going to take over seas/ long haul flights ever in the future... if yes Join an airline FF club and then get a credit card that that airline offers to earn miles , not just from flying but from the dentist, Market gas station, phone co, everyone who will take a cc !

The miles will build and never expire... Do this well in advance and begin saving miles, In a few years you will have enough for free Business class international tickets Dont have enough time... well bite the bullet and start but focus on the big picture..the long run. Like when is the best time to invest, "today, yesterday and tomorrow"

So skip the diversion fee, take the air credit and book your own, most all times much cheaper.

It took me about 2.5 years of saving miles to get enough to get international Buisness. During that time I paid the going rate booked direct with my chosen airline, not some 3rd party like Expedia or Price line.

That was 18 years ago, beginning 15 years ago I have taken 1 to 2 international Business class trips a year...London, Rome, Paris Hong Kong, Sydney , every year all for free ! Well I for pay the airport fee $ 75-$150 for tickets that sold for $5000 to$ 9000.oo

Get a plan, start the plan, stick with the plan and your going to fly pretty much free the rest of your life just buying beans and bacon.... Its pretty darn easy but many think its too much work or or difficult....

The future is yours only if you plan for it well

Hawaii Dan is right. I have done this. However, in addition to this I was booking for an O cruise in 2019 now. It had a return to LAX from Heathrow. My VERY GOOD TA booked it through Delta although it was my preferred AL which is Virgin, and I saved overall about $1600 on the round trip fare. Evidently if they book through Delta which is a code share, it is much less expensive.