Ruby Princess massage reviews

Firsttimer9

Suggest you ask ship specific questions on the Princess board.
This is one of those aspects of cruising where you are very unlikely to get different answers for different cruise lines. The spa services aboard practically every mass market ship in the North American market are offered by the same company: Steiner.

My advice stems from the recognition that there are two people involved in massages, the masseuse and the client. The quality of the massage is dependent on how skilled each are at their respective roles. Steiner trains its staff, and I believe the result is relatively consistent, with a normal amount of variability. So the biggest unknown variable in the quality of an on-board massage is the skill of the client at receiving a massage. Since massages on cruise ships are extra-costly, due to a convenience premium baked into the price, I wouldn't book a massage aboard a cruise ship if I'm not a skilled massage client. In other words, if you don't get (less costly) massages at home, I think you're undercutting the value of whatever (more costly) massages you may get aboard ship.

And yes, generally, Steiner adds on a standard gratuity, by default. They get whatever part of the gratuity that they're supposed to get, just like in restaurants, where servers getting tips have always had to "tip out" the staff assisting them. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tip_out

We were on the Ruby Princess 3 weeks ago. Our daughter and daughter in law - both frequent massage clients - enjoyed their first morning massages but they knew to give specific guidance to the masseuses. It was expensive but both said it was a wonderful, relaxing way to start the cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums