Bondi Beach Hotel

We are trying to plan a post cruise stay in Sydney in January. Would the Bondi Beach area be a good place to stay?
Personally, I wouldn't. It's not that easy to get into town from there, and I suspect that you're more likely to want to do things in the city centre than near Bondi Beach.

Bondi Beach is a great part of Sydney - especially if you enjoy the sand, sea and surf! It’s about 7kms from the city - so if you are prepared to travel a bit to get around (public transport and HOHO buses are easy and accessible) it’s a great base. Lots to see and do in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I lived in the area until a few years ago and it's a great area but it depends what you want to do.

There is a beautiful coastal walk with fantastic views over the ocean and the coastline. You can start at the southern end of Bondi Beach and walk to beautiful Bronte Beach or further to Clovelly or Coogee (or even further if you have the energy). It's not for those with mobility issues. If you don't wish to walk the return you can catch a bus back to Bondi Junction then another bus to Bondi Beach from the other beaches.

Be aware though, that in summer at weekends the area is very busy and buses can be crowded (of course there are taxis and Ubers as well).

There are buses that go direct to Circular Quay or you can get the bus to Bondi Junction where there is a very large shopping centre and then get to the city on the train.

If you wish to spend your time in and around the city and the harbour then you may prefer to stay in the city.