Tell me about Deck 6 on the Quest

azdrydock

Hi

I am thinking of a guarantee Veranda and am worried about Deck 6. Deck 5 seems to be public areas, cafe, theater, bars etc. so can I expect a lot of noise? The deck plan shows lifeboats on 6 so will it be noisy when they prep for a tendered port?

Never sailed on Azamara before so any help with cabin selection is appreciated. My points of reference are veranda;s on the Viking Sky, Oceania Riviera and HAL Prinsendam plus the typical mini-suites on the big ships.

Thanks for the help

Hi

I am thinking of a guarantee Veranda and am worried about Deck 6. Deck 5 seems to be public areas, cafe, theater, bars etc. so can I expect a lot of noise? The deck plan shows lifeboats on 6 so will it be noisy when they prep for a tendered port?

Never sailed on Azamara before so any help with cabin selection is appreciated. My points of reference are veranda;s on the Viking Sky, Oceania Riviera and HAL Prinsendam plus the typical mini-suites on the big ships.

Thanks for the help

For all ships Azamara, you always want Deck 7 over deck 6 for veranda cabins.

Study their Deck Plans for a bit and you will see why.

Also the cabins reviews on this web site.

Can't believe I mentioned that, reducing my future selections!

For all ships Azamara, you always want Deck 7 over deck 6 for veranda cabins.

Study their Deck Plans for a bit and you will see why.

Also the cabins reviews on this web site.

Can't believe I mentioned that, reducing my future selections!

Disagree. Deck 6 is fine unless staying in a line 6024/6027 and forward where you’ll get noise from the Cabaret Lounge. Otherwise fine location. I've stayed there. I’ve also been in a cabin over the show lounge too. I didn’t find it an issue unless you are a cabin rat and you’ll hear rehearsals in the afternoon below you.

Phil

Disagree. Deck 6 is fine unless staying in a line 6024/6027 and forward where you’ll get noise from the Cabaret Lounge. Otherwise fine location. I've stayed there. I’ve also been in a cabin over the show lounge too. I didn’t find it an issue unless you are a cabin rat and you’ll hear rehearsals in the afternoon below you.

Phil

Just reviewed the deck 6 plans again...

You are right, deck 6 is a pretty good deck!

We had a guarantee verandah our first time and got 783 - absolutely perfect. I would not worry much about being forward. Deck 6 is great for getting quickly to 4 and 5. We used the stairs most of the time, even to go up to 9. Have to work off the fabulous food somehow.

On our first 2 cruises we had V3 deck 7 cabins - one forward and one aft. Our third cruise we took a guarantee V3 and were allocated 6008. We heard absolutely nothing from either above or below. On our upcoming cruise were are back on deck 7 forward which is our favourite area and yes, I would say, favourite deck.

Nothing at all wrong with deck 6, but we found the extra floor made us take the elevator a few more times up to Windows, Library, etc.

We were on deck 6 in 6069 for our TA from Southampton to Montreal in 2016. It was sold as midships as it was between the 2 sets of lifts.

We had no noise problems with the cabin and in fact I found it very convenient for deck 5.

d8e934c88c4984154aca71dd74d70a51.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

You should also note that the open balcony railing on deck 6 verandas extends all of the way to the floor, as opposed to the solid steel structure at the bottom of decks 7 & 8, with deck 7 mid-ship and forward having the narrowest of openings. This provides a more open viewing perspective and more light to enter the room, IMHO. I never realized this difference until I studied some exterior pictures I took of an Oceania ship docked in Alaska some time ago.

• Like 1

Thanks for this question. We've saiIed on Decks 7 and 8 previously - with one particular experience in mid-aft cabin on Deck 7 being problematic due to excessive vibration. We were moved without fuss to mid Deck 8 - absolutely fine. After a four year gap, we've booked a last -minute Guarantee for a short New Year cruise on Journey and today received notification we will be in 6031. It's further forward than we would usually book, so will appreciate any comments from those who may know this location. Is there Cabaret Lounge noise and any problem re ship motion in this technically Forward location? Thanks for any advice.

You should also note that the open balcony railing on deck 6 verandas extends all of the way to the floor, as opposed to the solid steel structure at the bottom of decks 7 & 8, with deck 7 mid-ship and forward having the narrowest of openings. This provides a more open viewing perspective and more light to enter the room, IMHO. I never realized this difference until I studied some exterior pictures I took of an Oceania ship docked in Alaska some time ago.

The Aft cabins of deck 7 are open too aren't they? looking at pictures it looks like the last 13 cabins on either side are open.

We just got off Quest and were in 6053, two cabins aft of the lifeboats. It was a great location. Much, much quieter than the CC suite we had up on Deck 8 a year ago.

Good and bad news for me. Quest 6050 in Jan. and Symphony deck 7 or 8 guarantee in Feb.

We just got off Quest and were in 6053, two cabins aft of the lifeboats. It was a great location. Much, much quieter than the CC suite we had up on Deck 8 a year ago.
Thanks for your input. I just booked 6085 because I wanted to be low & towards the aft, and that looked like the best arrangement of solid and glass balcony dividers.

Sent from my aosp_harpia using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
TA was able to get me 6050 (V2) at the guarantee price, Thanks for convincing me that Deck 6 doesn't suck.

Deck 6 definitely does not suck. We were in 6067 for our last cruise on the Quest and we really enjoyed the location. We could easily pop down the stairs to Mosaic for coffee in the morning or to Discoveries for dinner and we found ourselves taking the stairs much more than normal because it was so easy. No noise issues whatsoever. I think you will enjoy your stateroom location.

We are currently in 6077 on Journey and it is very quiet, and surprisingly stable given the seas we are experiencing today enroute to Hue/Danang. I am sitting on the loveseat happily reading and watching the swells through the veranda railing. I love seadays!