Villas on HMC - worth it?

Jamimccoppin

Hi,

My family of 4 will be traveling on NA over New Years. We’ve reserved Villa E on Half Moon Cay, but I’m considering cancelling it based on the mixed reviews I’ve seen here. Has anyone stayed in one of the villas and do you recommend it? Im traveling with a teenager and a 3 year old.

Thank you!

Jami

For a family of four, I would prefer a cabana vs. one of the new private villas, just because of the difference in price. Yes, the villa gets you a hot tub and a toilet, but (to me) that's not much for the extra cost.

If I wanted to be treated extra special at the cabana I would book the upgrade that includes all you can drink, and a special lunch served by Pinnacle staff.

We were 4 couples travelling together, so it made sense to rent the villa. As some of our husbands are a little older, they appreciated having the bathroom available while we were there. It was also nice having the hot shower to rinse off the salt after being in the water - we all enjoyed that. It came equipped with floatation mats, and snorkel masks and fins, which was nice.

Having said that, a teenager and a little one would also get my vote as reasons enough to have both the hot tub (the teenager might really enjoy it), and the bathroom (for the 3 year old's potty needs).

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you for the feedback! I should have mentioned that my family of 4 is traveling with my inlaws, too, so our total headcount is 6. Too many for the cabana. I’d love to try out that butler service one time, though!

This will be our second HAL cruise- the first was to Alaska. Something about this line seems to attract the absolute nicest, most helpful people. Thank you, again!

We have booked the Villa twice, and I wouldn't go back to the cabana because the bathroom in the villa comes in so handy. There is also a shower in the bathroom and a large area to change clothes. The two verandas are also a plus. The jacuzzi and bathroom are downstairs, and the table, fridge and food service will be upstairs with the second veranda offering wonderful views. My family and guest love the Villa. You can also ask for transportation to and from the Villa.

Thank you, Sage! Might be a dumb question, but what do you mean about the transportation? I know we can get an early tender because we’re in a villa and a Neptune suite, but is there another form of transportation that I’m not aware of? :) I learn so much from these boards! Thank you all!

Thank you, Sage! Might be a dumb question, but what do you mean about the transportation? I know we can get an early tender because we’re in a villa and a Neptune suite, but is there another form of transportation that I’m not aware of?

Once you are on the island, if you ask, the drivers of the open air trucks will take you along the road and drop you closest to your villa. One of our party had difficulty walking due to a new hip, so the driver and an assistant got out, and helped him down the sand dune into the villa, and were there to help him back up when we were ready to leave. All we had to do was tell them approximately what time we wished to leave and they were there to help. You can't ask for better service!

Once you are on the island, if you ask, the drivers of the open air trucks will take you along the road and drop you closest to your villa. One of our party had difficulty walking due to a new hip, so the driver and an assistant got out, and helped him down the sand dune into the villa, and were there to help him back up when we were ready to leave. All we had to do was tell them approximately what time we wished to leave and they were there to help. You can't ask for better service!

(y)(y)(y)

When you check in and sign the waiver, yes it's just a villa, but they require each member of your party to sign in, you can ask for the transportation to the Villa. They will have someone take you there and pick you up. We have also used the Butler each time, and they take care of everything, and I mean everything.