My "Black Friday"-Experience in Black Harbor

onyx007

Just to give you a feedback of my experience with Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial on "Black Friday".

It looks like that tickets before 11 am are not available for reservation and set aside for tour companies.

And as I wanted anyway everything to see (Mighy Mo, Aviation Museum and USS Bowfin) I've reserved one for the last trip to the Arizona at 2.45 pm, which would have gave me time to see the sights on Ford Island at first, then the Arizona and finally USS Bowfin at last.

Then on the 11/24/17 I arrived with "The Bus" and was suprised to find at 7.45 am no waiting line at all at the counters.Therefore when I approched the counter with my reservation they could change it into a ticket for the 9.00 am-Tour. It gave me even time to do the "Arizona narrated-tour" before departure.

And with the "Pearl Harbor Pass" for 65 $ (bought also right there at the counter, without waiting time); I visited after the Arizona, also the Missouri (Mighty Mo), the Oklahoma Memorial and the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island (with the included Shuttle Service). Back at the Visitor Center I also visited USS Bowfin and the "Silent Service" Memorial. I probably could have stayed at some places longer, but even with my fast visit; I finished at 3.30 pm and I was never rushed to make it back to a booked shuttle/transport.

So to be able to see everything at Pearl Harbor you have to set aside at least 7 to 8 hours and therefore arrive between 8 and 9 am at the latest.

The slowest but cheapest option for transport is "The Bus", which will cost you 5 Dollars (starting 1.1.2018 5.50 Dollars) but will take a little over one hour from Waikiki to Arizona each way. If you're more than two, a taxi might be more convinient. But if you travel on a budget the bus is fine.

So in total I paid for my Pearl Harbor-Trip 71.50 (including the 1.50 reservation-fee for the Arizona)

This is really helpful for those wanting to visit PH. You indicate that you took a reserved shuttle when leaving PH, was this shuttle also an option for going to PH? Happy to hear that you enjoyed your day there. Cherie

The shuttle I mentioned is the shuttle running from the Visitor Center to Ford Island connecting the Arizona to the Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum. The other shuttle (which I didn't take) is the "pre-booked-tours" which you can book through several companies; but all of them don't give you enough time to see everything.

For the ride from/to Pearl Harbor to Waikiki I took both way the public "The Bus".

• 1 month later...