what time is high tea

chicagochick

We too have had trouble finding seats on more than one occasion. A sea day is worse I assume. I think some folks show up very early. Once arrived close to four pm and noticed a couple in the window seats facing the sea enjoying wine not participating in the tea so seats can be taken by others too. It is frustrating to not be able to find a table as some linger but part of the enjoyment is pleasant unrushed conversation so i cannot fault them. We have seen people wandering about looking for a table and finished up to give our seats perhaps because we have been in their shoes. Especially frustrating when I see folks reading. Yes, it is Horizons and they can do that. Not as annoying as the people I've seen in Terrace on a busy lunch day playing cards.

Yes, do go earlier (I hope this does not become a trend ) as it is a great tea.

.....Shucks, I shouldn’t have told you how nice it is! My seat will be taken!

Haha! Don't worry.....I've had afternoon tea that I'm sure would surpass Oceania's. Best was at a small tea shop in Falmouth, England (in the area where real clotted cream is from) where the scones melted in my mouth, the cream was slightly yellow like butter and the strawberry jam was freshly made! Next best ones were at Wollsley's in London and the Fairmont Empress hotel in Victoria, BC.

But I'll show up early at Horizons on the next sea day. ;)

we usually go about 3:45 pm & leave by 4:30 to other a chance to enjoy the tea & Music

if you are on the ship when it is in port that is a good time to try tea

Our last day on Riviera was cold so many people showed up for tea that day the rest of the cruise it was not overly crowded

I am looking forward to our first Oceania cruise... Do they have gluten-free options during tea?

Oceania takes good care of us gluten free people but gf tea goodies seem to vary by voyage. If you are in the system as gf, just ask a server at tea. My experience ranges from prompt delivery of a wide selection to "I am sorry we do not have anything"