Options for Communicating With Multiple Family Members on Freedom Next Month

Hi,

There are 7 of us traveling next month on Freedom in 4 cabins. We will be meeting for dinner every night and going on excursions together.

Throughout the day we might want to catch up without having defined times and places. Other than paying our carrier for texts or all of us signing up for the internet package, are there any other options on how we can keep in touch?

Thanks

I'd love to be able to use our cell phone but looking for most economical plan. I will call Verizon to see if they have any inexpensive options.

Verizon charges $0.50 per text sent and $0.05 per text received. This would not be bad if it was just a few texts per day, but this will also allow all the "normal" texts to come in (and be responded to) also, so if you have teenagers, this could get very expensive.

Are you able to pick up your room phone messages from outside of your cabin? or do you have to go back to the cabin to see if there is a message?

I've never seen a way to pick up satetroom messages remotely.

Family service walkie talkies work great, if the cabins are not too far separated. They are so cheap now-a-days. Just remember they are technically illegal while in other country ports but its doubtful that will be a problem.