Carnival Sunshine Live Journal While On The Ship Dec 17-23

iamchrisstone

I am going to attempt to post while on this ship a few times a day. If you want to see something specific or know something, just ask. Also, I am posting 360 degree photos, drone pics and photos and other media on my YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. The FB and IG are /iAmChrisStone and the YT doesn’t have a custom url yet.

Ok, so we had Faster to the Fun. We didn’t get to board the ship till after 11:30. But that’s ok. It was still way earlier than without FTTF so I’m ok. However, I was under the assumption with FTTF your room is ready right away and your bags are waiting for you. Well, our room wasn’t ready until the same time as everyone else’s and it’s 9pm and we are still waiting on a bag.

First day thoughts on the food. So, I read how many people don’t like the buffet because of this and that and complain about the food. I think those are the people that eat a better variety of food than I do on a regular basis. However, today’s lunch and buffet buffet just didn’t feel special to me. Can’t really explain it, just nothing special.

First day thoughts on the ship. This is a weird layout to me. The Sunshine is a pretty sized ship, but just feels that it’s lacking in room. I think that I read during her dry dock, they took out a lot of the public area to add cabins. If that’s the case, then I get it. But, all of the public areas I’v checked out are really cool so far. I’ve read may people say you can see the age on her, and you certainly can, but it’s a hunk of metal sitting in salt water and humidity. DUH! lol

The ship is clean and just like on every cruise she has an odor of nasty down one hallway, but it cleared up.

The muster drill was the shortest I’ve ever experienced. I think 20 minutes total. Usually, I’m standing there for over an hour waiting for them to start. Today was great!

We were told that our room did not have a fridge, but IT DOES! I’m happy.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful throughout the ship and makes me feel that they put some real thought into the decorations and the time to execute their placement.

I’m not much of a drinker and never drink around the kids (sailing with 2 teens) so I’m unable to answer any questions regarding that. We probably also won’t participate in any excursions so no reviews of those either. However, I’m happy to ask around or keep my ears open.

We did purchase the chat plan for the kids and the full premium internet for me. We also signed up for the Behind The Fun Tour.

Lee Mason is the cruise director and seems to be full of energy and fun.

Find me on FB or IG and check out the pics and vids. I’ll try to post some on here as well.

We just did the Christmas Tree Lighting party/ceremony. It was a blast! I shot part of it with my GoPro Fusion. I’m currently rendering the video with no edits so I don’t know if it will come out as a 360 degree video or what. Anyway, as long as the internet permits, I’ll post that in here as well.

IM on this ship in 2 weeks. Could u walk by room 10133 on Deck 10 and video the area and spa(showers,etc). Im excited to see it. Also you mentioned something about touring the ship???? What is it? THanks SB

I'll try to get that done tomorrow. I don't know if I want to video inside the spa area, but if it doesn't make me feel awkward, I will LOL.

The behind the scenes tour is called "Behind The Fun" tour. Apparently, there are only 16 openings per cruising. $95 per person. No cameras aloud. 3-4 hours long. Lots of walking. You can google it to get more info, but from what I understand you see the chef and the kitchen, the laundry, the galley or something and even meet the captain on the bridge and have your picture taken. and the "secret" is that you are given some gifts when you get back to your room.

Today was Nassau. Honestly, I'm not impressed with the Bahamas unless you are at a resort or something. I respect the next man's hustle and how they make a living, but whether here or Freeport, it just feels like begger central. It's just not for me. Next year if we end up here we will probably do some excursions over at Atlantis or something.

I did drone a little. The wind was pretty strong so I didn't keep her in the air long. I'll try to view my footage tomorrow and hopefully post some here or on my YouTube and Facebook tomorrow.

Kids are running around right now. I'm just hanging out enjoying the balcony and walk around a little. I wanted to go see every show possible and all of that, but truth is I'm really just enjoying doing nothing. That's not like me. I guess I needed downtime more than I thought lol.

and here is something. i've always been told that every wall in our rooms are all metal or whatever and magnets stick to everything. WRONG! at least not in our room. i bought all these magnetic hooks and everything and nothing works. no biggie to me, to be honest. just found it interesting.

and here is something. i've always been told that every wall in our rooms are all metal or whatever and magnets stick to everything. WRONG! at least not in our room. i bought all these magnetic hooks and everything and nothing works. no biggie to me, to be honest. just found it interesting.

We found the same thing on our deck 7 cabin. Worked on the ceiling!

Kids are running around with friends. I came up to deck 9AFT hoping for better wifi. Certainly not any better, but I have a great view, it's quite and when I get hungry I'll grab some JiJi's or the Italian since it's free during lunch. I wanted to put together the TimeLapse videos I made and look at the drone footage. I failed to realize how much we depend on good internet service in our every day lives. Even when I go to edit videos, I need high speed internet for this or that. It's interesting to see how dependent we are on things we don't think are a big deal in our lives.

At 4:15 Jackson Rayne has a pop up magic show that the kids and I will be attending and then we are going to get dressed up for elegant night. After that, I'm not sure. I may go around and try to get some evening shots. I should really get up to the Serenity deck and enjoy the hot tubs and waterfall.

Tomorrow is Amber Cove.