Harmony dec 9th to 16th

Badgeaz

I just completed my cruise yesterday on harmony. I liked the ports in the western carribean although it rained in falmouth, but the ship was too big for my liking. I sailed on rcl laat year on the explorer and enjoyed it much more. I thought after I has done some research from past cruisers that the 1st 2 weeks of dec were less kids. Well that turned out not too be true harmony was sold out and their were tons of kids. So I'm thinking for 2018 cruise the same size ship as explorer but what months to avoid kids. Feedback is appreciated. And happy holidays too all.

Mark badger

The kids were in the solarium at 9 o'clock and I'm like I thought they were not supposed to be in there

Was it unusually cold outside? Sometimes children are allowed inside the solarium for selected time periods if the weather is too cold for the outside pools.

I think if you really want to have less kids, you need to consider some of the older ships with less entertainment targeted towards kids and families. Being one of Royals newer ships is a prime product for kids and families.

Would agree January/February absent New Years day and MLK holiday.

So what ships like the explorer of the seas and what time of year. I was thinking eastern carribean about the same time next year

Go on Royals website to see the difference classes of ship. We like the Voyager class and have enjoyed the Vision class and also like Radiance class ship. Have sailed a couple of Freedom class ships too. We did like Allure of Seas, an Oasis class ship. All are older and they do get updated, but there are limits within the size and structural design.

Some ships have 7 day cruises, others shorter, so you need to choose what is best for you. We have been on some 'cool' weather cruises when sailing in January and that may of been just our luck. We are going again this coming January on a Celebrity cruise to the Southern Caribbean.

If I had to pick a ship and was not concerned about itinerary, I would like to sail on Brilliance of Seas again as we had a great 5 day cruise to Western Caribbean a couple of years ago. Not sure where Brilliance is sailing in 2018 with repositioning of the fleet. That is me today, and others will have their favorites.

My experience is a 9 or 10 day cruise raises the average age by about 20 years. Two years ago I was on EOS for a 10 day southern caribbean in February and I (@ 43 at the time) felt like i was the youngest guy on the cruise.