Question about embarkation lunch on Pride

CruisnGram

Hi everyone, I'm a usual NCL sailer and haven't been on Carnival in almost 20 years. On the Pride out of Baltimore the first part of October. I have a question about lunch on embarkation day. Is there a sit down dining room open or must you dine at the buffet? Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone, I'm a usual NCL sailer and haven't been on Carnival in almost 20 years. On the Pride out of Baltimore the first part of October. I have a question about lunch on embarkation day. Is there a sit down dining room open or must you dine at the buffet? Thanks for your help!

Normally, no, the dining room isn't open but if the ship is heavily booked they will open the MDR for lunch on embarkation day to minimize lines. Wander by and check!

:)

Thanks everyone for your help. Wish it was open...like to start the cruise with a nice, relaxing lunch. Not a buffet person at all, but I'll manage somehow. :D

I'd prefer a sit down meal too! I don't like having to haul our carry-ons around the ship until our cabins are available. We will probably find a nice quiet place to sit until then.

(I'm sorry you thought we were all so rude on the roll-call. I think we are just focused on getting work done. I just got a new job that will start 10/10 and I haven't had much time to read much less respond thoughtfully. I hope you will reconsider.)

I'd prefer a sit down meal too! I don't like having to haul our carry-ons around the ship until our cabins are available. We will probably find a nice quiet place to sit until then.

(I'm sorry you thought we were all so rude on the roll-call. I think we are just focused on getting work done. I just got a new job that will start 10/10 and I haven't had much time to read much less respond thoughtfully. I hope you will reconsider.)

Well said, but I would suspect it won't be believed.

I agree with you about the buffets, I wish the MDR was open everyday for lunch. On embarkation day I usually go to the deli and get one of their sandwiches. Eating one of those and a dessert really fills me up until dinner. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Well, I had a very enjoyable lunch experience on our cruise on the Pride a couple of years ago. I had just gotten seated and ready to munch on my reuben when this very statuesque blond had a major wardrobe malfunction right in front of me. She must have had this happen often as she just reached up and stuffed the escapee back into her tank top and bra.

Doc

PS: The cruise was downhill from there.:p:p:p

I agree with you about the buffets, I wish the MDR was open everyday for lunch. On embarkation day I usually go to the deli and get one of their sandwiches. Eating one of those and a dessert really fills me up until dinner. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Even if it was open to just past guests, it would be nice.

I'd prefer a sit down meal too! I don't like having to haul our carry-ons around the ship until our cabins are available. We will probably find a nice quiet place to sit until then.)

We arrived at the pier by 1:07 (and calling zone #7) and after checking in and going to the cabin to drop stuff off-- we went to the buffet got our food and was sitting by 2:15pm. Most of those people were gone by then since they open the cabins up by 1:30.

Well, I had a very enjoyable lunch experience on our cruise on the Pride a couple of years ago. I had just gotten seated and ready to munch on my reuben when this very statuesque blond had a major wardrobe malfunction right in front of me. She must have had this happen often as she just reached up and stuffed the escapee back into her tank top and bra.

Doc

PS: The cruise was downhill from there.:p:p:p

How you had to suffer, your poor thing....LOL

Why are you rolling your eyes? It was an honest question.

Touchy bunch on this board ...

That's why I block certain people. Some people always have a snide remark to say!

Aaah, the Reuben sandwiches. I can't wait to have another one of those onboard! The sandwiches in the deli were much better than the dry burgers.

Archived