RCCL Vision of the Seas vs Grand Princess

Cimbom

Hello,

I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on the above two cruises. I've gone through many and these two are the ones that best fit within our budget and preferred dates (Dec this year).

#1 - RCCL Vision of the Seas for 11 nights (St John's - Castries - Bridgetown - Kingstown - Kralendijk - Oranjestad)

#2 - Grand Princess for 14 nights (Aruba - Curacoa - Princess Cays - San Juan - St Maarten - St Thomas)

On a per night basis, they are both pretty much the same price. We will be staying in an interior cabin.

Also, is the price we see now likely to be the best we can get?

Thanks in advance :)

Based on itinerary, I like Vision. I like San Juan as a departure port, but not as a visit port and I like Princess Cays but I'd prefer a Caribbean island to a Bahama private island.

I've been on both lines, but not these particular ships.

I'm taking the Vision cruise in February actually. Prices are not going to get any cheaper on these cruises quite frankly. Balconies have been sold out on the Vision for at least 3 months now for the Feb 4th sailing.

If I knew nothing about either ship, the Vision itinerary would be the winner. I'm a bit burned out on St Thomas and San Juan so Vision's route wins easily.

Hope the .02 helps! If you join the Feb 4 sailing on Vision, please join the roll call linked in my sig! :D

I enjoyed each of these ships at the time. But I no longer sail Princess for several reasons, and I would only book a Vision class ship for the itinerary now. And wouldn't even do that unless the ship had been refurbished. I like the Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class ships.

For me, tough one. Probably Princess.

I prefer the itinerary of RCL

But we prefer Princess a bit over RCL & the Grand is a lovely ship.

But THREE MORE DAYS??!!:D I am always about the extra days!!!

Archived